x
Beta Member

Library Imports Breaking Sync to Items Within Weebly Website

I am having an issue with large library imports creating duplicate variations within an item. This breaks the items from their categories and hides them from my Weebly website. I think this may have to do with the token system as I do not have the tokens for the items included in the imports since the spreadsheets are from a different company. It's quite frustrating having to go into each item, remove the variant, modify the inventory to reflect the correct amount, then find the item in Weebly and re-attach the category and make the item visible. Doing this 50+ times every week is wasting lots of time. I'm sure I've missed some of these items as well so those items are basically just lost to the ether, never to be seen again.

Is there any possible way to avoid this from happening? Getting the tokens for every item is not a feasable solution as I would still have to look up each item manually to get the information.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Doombrowski

Thank you for posting in the Community! 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the import of your Item Library. What is the other company you're using for the spreadsheet?

Definitely not using the tokens can get the duplicates of variations you're experiencing. 

The best way to avoid this would be to export the spreadsheet from your Item Library, make your changes there, and import it back into the Library. That way the format will stay the same. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

I am importing a modified (to fit the Square format) spreadsheet from Diamond Comics. Exporting the library and reimporting wouldn't be very time efficient as I would have to manually input all of the existing items from the Diamond spreadsheet. It has a mix of mostly new items and some restocks. Do you have an efficient way to merge the restock quantities from the Diamond spreadsheets to the correct items? If the restocks would just assume the Token since they have the same name, that would be perfect. 

Message 3 of 7

@Doombrowski

Unfortunately, I don't have a workaround to successfully merge a Diamond spreadsheet to the Item Library. It would have to be addressed as a Feature Request. 

Something you could try with some possible relief with your issue, would be to enter the restocks directly into your Item Library. It has the potential to the duplicates you see. 

Kassi
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

The restock items are mixed with new items on every spreadsheet and there's nothing denoting which is new or restock. I guess I'll keep manually removing the extra variants in the meantime. If there's a way to submit a feature request to allow imports with no Token to merge with those with Tokens, please let me know. It would save lots of time.

Message 5 of 7

@Doombrowski

Definitely - I have tagged this as a Feature Request on our end, so it can get to the appropriate team. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Great! Thank you!

Message 7 of 7