x

Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

Verified Answer

Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up date and time selection for Square Online orders

Hi,

We quickly built a Square/Weebly Online Store this week so that people could place contactless/curbside orders for our gelato shop. It's working great and I love that the tickets print out when it's time to make the order.

We are also implementing a local delivery service where people can preorder with us and we'll deliver it on Friday night. Right now we're doing it by email to take their item order and we respond back with a Square Invoice to capture payment. Has anyone successfully found a way to do local delivery with the Online Store platform?

It would be awesome if besides Pickup or Shipping, merchants could toggle on a Local Delivery button and the merchant could set a few options, such as "Delivery on Friday night, 4-7pm," "Delivery on Saturday afternoon, 12-6pm." Maybe with an option to assign a fee, but that's less important during this emergency response.

Thank you and be safe.

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Set up specific date and time selection for Square Online orders (Pre-orders)

@lonestar31 @MCTMN 

We are currently testing Batch Processing in our Beta Community, which may help you out. This is another update to allowing pre-orders on your online store.  We'd love for you to join in the test and provide feedback.

To get started:

Please join our Square Online testing group.
Once accepted there are instructions in the group of how to get started in the test.

Verified Answer

Re: Feature request: Pre-Order Handling

Hi all! Thank you for jumping into. your thread for pre-orders and more customizable delivery/pick up options. We're excited that this feature is now moving into Beta testing, and we'd love to have you check it out.

Please take a few minutes to ready our Beta Recruiting post- and make sure you're a fit. We're looking to get his launched in the next few days. Also if you've replied to this thread, we will be sending you information on this test via DM as well.

Verified Answer

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up date and time selection for Square Online orders

Hi,

We quickly built a Square/Weebly Online Store this week so that people could place contactless/curbside orders for our gelato shop. It's working great and I love that the tickets print out when it's time to make the order.

We are also implementing a local delivery service where people can preorder with us and we'll deliver it on Friday night. Right now we're doing it by email to take their item order and we respond back with a Square Invoice to capture payment. Has anyone successfully found a way to do local delivery with the Online Store platform?

It would be awesome if besides Pickup or Shipping, merchants could toggle on a Local Delivery button and the merchant could set a few options, such as "Delivery on Friday night, 4-7pm," "Delivery on Saturday afternoon, 12-6pm." Maybe with an option to assign a fee, but that's less important during this emergency response.

Thank you and be safe.

333 Comments

Thanks Joe!

Following

So, so, so many users have requested a specific delivery/pick up window option. I’ve been waiting patiently since early this year. There seems to be no timeline in place for this added feature. I’ve decided my time is better spent looking for another platform host than constantly fiddling with a work around. I keep hearing that it’s coming...but still nothing is available. Coming into holiday I don’t have time to juggle the constant hassle. 

Hi, our business is in the same boat. There is no solution for this other than constantly changing the time to prepare order, which is not doable as there is way too much room for error.

Square told me to generate discussion around this topic online and if there was enough people that wanted it they would do something.

Come on Square!

Hi Valentiana, so what is the timeline for having this setting our own pick up date/time instead of the preset of weeks, days, hours of prep time needed going to be ready??

Even if square made it so we could opt out of the prep time needed and just write a note to our customers. Square having the preset time to prepare order preset being different than what we say to our customers is frustrating and confusing to our customers.

Thank you

So disappointing! I know so many small businesses which run this way (ore-order window, pick up time window, repeat). I was hesitant to change but the amount of admin work (& time confirming with customers when they’re receiving conflicting info) is toooo much for me.

Square??? I was hoping for some improvement in this area! 

Beta Member

I agree - the auto generated date/time is confusing my customers.  I have a NOTE that tells them the actual time and my note has to say “please disregard the above date”.  Makes me look like an amateur 😞

Preorder apps is a solution to an issue that should already be included in the Square POS and website. We simply need the ability to show items as preorder items on the web, the date they are to be released, and the capability to go to negative quantities on these items so when we receive a product it will accurately reflect the quantity available. I appreciate that preorder apps will find a solution for us and program it but every mouth we have to feed out of our pockets makes it harder for small businesses to operate. We choose Square because of its functionality, cost, and performance. If we have to pay other people to fix perceived problems with Square then we are edging closer to having to find a custom solution instead of using your product.

I'm a foodtruck and need to have options for customers to pick up items on specific holidays. example 4th of july, Day before Thanksgiving Labor day.   It would be nice if I could choose specific  dates I want customers to pick up item. I'm not open every Friday  or Saturday of the month.  right now square wants to know the days you are open. I would like to put the dates that I am open and allow pick orders. 

Trying to make pickup for all preorders is clear as to date and location for customers.