x

Negative feedback, unknown charge

I recently did a face to face interaction using my square reader and swiped her credit card. Shortly after this transaction I get an a negative feedback response saying they don't know what the charge is for from and it is signed by a different person. The converstation above shows it is the person from the actual transaction. I respond and tell them what the transaction was for. They state that they don't buy or know of that particular product and believe their information is stolen. I contact the true customer via phone and they state that their card has been charged for the correct amount and product.

I responded to the other person and told them I would contact square and encouraged them to contact them as well on Monday. They are closed today. Anyone experience something like this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

most likely it is that the emailed receipt went to the wrong customer due to a typo when entering the information.

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

@Nathan1 The post from @VanKalkerFarms sounds to be correct.

To be sure, give our CS Team a call directly during our business hours and they'll be able to take a closer look at the payment and remove the contact information that's tied to that payment card. 

Message 3 of 3