x

Opening a Dry Cleaners

Hello everyone, 

I am in the process of opening a dry cleaners and wanted to purchase to POS system. I had a few questions that I would love to get some clarity with. 

1. For a cleaners there are usually two printers, one for the receipt with ticket number for the client, and also another printer that prints the smaller tags that go on the close that correspond to the ticket number of that transaction. How do those of you that use this system print the smaller tags that normally get stapled on the clothing? Is there a separate printer/program that you use in conjunction with the POS? If so, can you recommend the printer that works with the Square POS (website, etc).

2. I understand setting up the initial menu of services provided and being able to customize it, and just wanted to ask how you all felt this system has been working for you. We plan to use this for employee clock in and out (wanted to see if theres a way to get an ipad to mount at the back of the facility where the employees usually enter for work), payroll likely. 

3. Has anyone used it for marketing, does it come with the option to create a "no reply" email for sending out communications. 

4. I would love to hear what @CashsCleaners has to say about #1 mostly.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

1. For a cleaners there are usually two printers, one for the receipt with ticket number for the client, and also another printer that prints the smaller tags that go on the close that correspond to the ticket number of that transaction. How do those of you that use this system print the smaller tags that normally get stapled on the clothing? Is there a separate printer/program that you use in conjunction with the POS? If so, can you recommend the printer that works with the Square POS (website, etc).

There is no way to use square like a drycleaner POS, You will only have a one printer set up for tickets and receipts, we use tear tickets (you can find them on page 11 of the Cleaner's Supply catalog) to tag the customers clothes.  We have been doing this for close to 3 years now and its working for us.

2. I understand setting up the initial menu of services provided and being able to customize it, and just wanted to ask how you all felt this system has been working for you. We plan to use this for employee clock in and out (wanted to see if theres a way to get an ipad to mount at the back of the facility where the employees usually enter for work), payroll likely. 

We also use square for employees, we ony have two employees so they clock in/out on our POS. A second ipad for a time clock sounds like a good idea if you have alot of people working for you. 

3. Has anyone used it for marketing, does it come with the option to create a "no reply" email for sending out communications. 

We use the marketing as well, there is no way yo set up a "no reply" option that I know of.

Happy to help anyway we can. We are a low volume ($200K) a year drop store so the set up we use might not be the best for a high volume store.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Best Answer

There is no way to use square like a drycleaner POS, You will only have a one printer set up for tickets and receipts, we use tear tickets (you can find them on page 11 of the Cleaner's Supply catalog) to tag the customers clothes.  We have been doing this for close to 3 years now and its working for us.

We also use square for employees, we ony have two employees so they clock in/out on our POS. A second ipad for a time clock sounds like a good idea if you have alot of people working for you. 

We use the marketing as well, there is no way yo set up a "no reply" option that I know of.

Happy to help anyway we can. We are a low volume ($200K) a year drop store so the set up we use might not be the best for a high volume store.

Message 2 of 4

It sounds like you are manually writing up the tags for the customers.  How do you keep track of where the clothes are on the rack between finishing orders and customer pickup?

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

@BayAreaCleaners and @CashsCleaners - are you able to give @sjaramillo2003 a hand here?

Thank you in advance! 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4