x

Point of Sale Item list

I first used Square last year for an annual plant sale.  It only lasts 2 weeks.  This year I am preparing again and I've list all the plants from last year that we no longer have to sell, as "unavailable" in the database.  All others are listed as "visible".  I don't understand why the entire database is showing up on the POS app.  I would like only the plants that we are selling to be listed there.  It appears that the cashier could select one of the "unavailable" plants and charge someone for that instead of the correct one.  Is there something I can do to get rid of the "unavailable" plants on the POS app?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I believe from what you are describing with visible and unavailable you are making changes to its online availability.

What we do to keep the item in Square but not have it show up in The POS is to uncheck that item from being available at that location.  

https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library

choose the item and under location uncheck the location you are trying to remove it from.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Hi Igurasich,

Perhaps a bit more info is needed - what hardware setup are using?   For example, we use an iPad and stand with a card reader and receipt printer - we setup an item grid that only displays the items we sell in our shop.  We do have other items that we sell online however, those items do not appear on our POS screen.  Although all of the items are visible in the app item list, only the items we sell in the shop appear on the register screen.  Hope that makes sense.

JK

Message 2 of 5

We are using iPhone with the card reader.  As we are a non-profit organization that only does a sale once a year, we can't or don't need anything more.  Most of our sales are online.  We have 2 Farmer's Markets where we will sell plants that haven't sold online.   When I go onto the app, every product I've ever entered shows up.  I don't understand this.  Customers won't be using that app of course, but it seems unnecessary and shouldn't happen if the items are "unavailable."

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

I believe from what you are describing with visible and unavailable you are making changes to its online availability.

What we do to keep the item in Square but not have it show up in The POS is to uncheck that item from being available at that location.  

https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library

choose the item and under location uncheck the location you are trying to remove it from.

Message 4 of 5

Hooray!  Thank you!  I knew there had to be a way.

Message 5 of 5