x
Beta Member

SearchOrdersFulfillmentFilter - no "DELIVERY" OrderFulfillmentType?

I'm trying to get a list of delivery orders.  I usually get pickup orders by using the OrderFulfillmentType of "PICKUP" when building a search order filter.  I know the delivery feature is relatively new, but I'd like to be able to display just deliveries in my app.  Thanks!

EDIT: My mistake - I'm able to get "DELIVERY" orders, but the returned orders don't seem to contain details like customer name, phone number, or delivery address.  What am I missing?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hey @pelotonpaul

Before I get too far into a rabbit hole with my answer, I just want to make sure- you're asking how to find returned orders by customer name through your POS?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

I'm trying to get orders through the Java API that are either "New" ("PROPOSED") or "In Progress" ("RESERVED") and that are delivery orders.  I'm able to return "PICKUP" orders that contain the customer's name, phone number, etc, but when I filter the order search by "DELIVERY" the records returned don't have any customer information - like name, phone number, or address.  I notice that in the Square Dashboard - Order section the delivery orders have the information I'm looking for in a line item below the items ordered.  The line looks something like this: 

DELIVERY BY: Fri 04/10 12:25-12:40 PM DELIVERY TO: 123 Sesame Street Seattle, WA 9[Redacted]55555

I would be fine getting that line item and parsing it somehow, but I can't seem to return that information.  Is it hidden in a child object/record that I'm able to get with a reference id/number?  

Ultimately I'd like to get the delivery order customer's name/phone/address so I can send that information to a delivery driver programmatically. The delivery driver does not have access to Square app/web page.  I would either text or print to paper the delivery details - all from my Java program.

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Hey @pelotonpaul. Sorry for the delayed follow up!

Took a little work on the back end by our Engineering team, but you should now be able to see the Delivery Details field now.

I also sent you a Private Message, so please let me know if it doesn't show for some reason.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 9

Hi @nika ! I'm wondering if the Delivery Details field disappeared recently from the search orders API response? I do not get that field back when searching orders of fulfillment type DELIVERY. I have the same issue as pelotonpaul. Thanks!

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Hey @toconnell! Can you send me a DM and we'll see what we can figure out!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Hello, I'm also encountering the same issue right now where I don't see any delivery details. All I see is for delivery items is something like:

{u'state': u'RESERVED', u'type': u'DELIVERY', u'uid': u'PbZRruOeRNaH2PYdBGoyL'}

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @kiiri. I've got the team working on it for you. I'll be in touch!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Thanks! Please keep me updated.

Message 9 of 9