x

Feature Request: Kiosk / Hide Options

Verified Answer

Since we cannot seem to get the actual functionality for a self service kiosk, can we at least get an update to the app, so that we do not see the menu items for things an employee does not have access too? (e.g. if the employee does not have access to reports... why does the menu item display? Seems it would make sense to remove instead of clicking on it and see the permissions error. 

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Since we cannot seem to get the actual functionality for a self service kiosk, can we at least get an update to the app, so that we do not see the menu items for things an employee does not have access too? (e.g. if the employee does not have access to reports... why does the menu item display? Seems it would make sense to remove instead of clicking on it and see the permissions error. 

252 Comments
Beta Member

Hello, 

Is there any self-ordering system that is compatible with Square? This would be a system that customers use to order food when dining at restaurants. 

Beta Member

gamecoder5, 

Interested in the self-order system. Can you send details please? 

Thank you. 

Shakeel 

Beta Member

Super interested in using this function in a quick to go coffee bar in conjunction with Fresh KDS. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @shakeeld

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as our Product Team reads this thread around this topic to gain insight into this feature request specifically. 

Check out the Best Answer and keep an eye out for updates in the future. 

@shakeeld I sent you a private message.

@shakeeld I sent you a private message.

@candlepins That sounds like a cool business. I am a big coffee lover myself. I am not familiar with Fresh KDS, but I did a quick glance at their website, and please correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like as long as you are using the square system, it should be compatible with the orders that come through to them. As far as quick to go coffee bar with Square support, the platform will be able to support such things at launch, as its fully programmable, and just takes someone to build the custom system that you need. I plan on doing customizations freely for anyone interested at the beginning, although I do want to expand this to 3rd party developers as the need arises, which may be sooner than I imaged 🙂 If you send me a private message with details of what you are looking for, basically a walkthrough of the work flow of the customer interaction with the kiosk would be a good place to start.

I should have a website and admin demo available within the next few weeks.

I will keep you updated as well.

Scott.

Hi Scott, 
I currently use square at my cafe and would love a self service mode. Have you cracked it? Please let me know

Hey Oliver2,

I will have a website and alpha preview demo available to look at this coming weekend (11/3/2018), Im just finishing up a few things, the product should be production ready this January.

I will post an update here when I have the website/alpha preview this weekend.

Scott.

Good News!

We have been developing a self-service kiosk solution for the last year and a half.  It has been in use at several beta locations during this time and performs great.  We recently completed the integration with the Square POS and we are finally ready to start releasing it to the Square seller community.  Send us a DM if you are interested in learning more and/or using the service.  

Check out a quick view of the Flash Order Kiosk https://youtu.be/wP_8B8nHVFc

Kiosk Features include:

- Full Square POS integration including menu integration

- Uses Square's new reader SDK (ie seamless integration with CC processing)

- Developed for iOS 

- Full featured Kitchen Display system included as part of self-order kiosk package