x

Terminal stuck on black screen?

I just got the Square Terminal and charged it, set it up and logged in. I even downloaded the software update. But no matter what I do, it doesn't seem to give me the option to put in an amount or select an item - I just have a black screen with the Square Logo that says "Ready to accept payment"

Am I missing something? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

@MerViking I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding your Terminal!

If you are experiencing issues with the touchscreen on your Square Terminal, restarting your device usually resolves the issue.

To restart your Square Terminal, press the power button on the side of your Square Terminal and release once the screen is black.

Once you’ve restarted, please also make sure your Square Terminal has the latest software. To update your Square Terminal software, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner and select Settings. Scroll to the device section, tap General > About Terminal > Software Update.

If that doesn't work, you will need to contact Support for a warranty replacement. You can reach out directly to Customer Success at [Redacted]. Please keep in mind, you will need a customer code to get an advocate on the phone. Here is the link to get that code: squ.re/contactsqsupport

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2