x

Track Open Tickets?

Hi, we've been waiting for some time for the Square API to allow us to track open tickets.

It's critical for our integrated software platform that we can monitor quantities sold for items in an open ticket/tab as apposed to when the ticket/tab is closed out.

I heard in 2017 that there were plans to incorporate this into the API, has any progress been made on that?

The other POS systems we work with all allow us to track open tickets. 

We want to recommend Square as the preferred POS solution but the open ticket issue is a big problem for us.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

@tspree15

At this time, only paid orders/tickets will show up, and this is a current feature request. I will pass this feedback to our teams though, as it is frequently requested.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the reply.  Is there any creative way that we can track open items in the mean time?  Maybe there's an app out there that can do it?  Just thought I'd ask...  

Message 3 of 5

How fast can one retrieve the closed tickets? I mean, assume that a person pays at some point in time t1, what's the earliest guaranteed time t2 after t1 that one can successfully query the tickets and retrieve the one just paid?

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hi again @ranza! After a payment is successfully captured, there may be a small delay before you're able to retrieve the transaction's information. We recommend either waiting a bit to pull the data or create a loop until you're able to successfully retrieve the transaction details.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5