x

Why am I not able to access the 16 digit egift card so that I may redeem the thing upon checkout?

I'm so frustrated. I've been searching for 30 minutes in the help section and of course Square is closed. I had someone buy an e gift card awhile back and they did not have the 16 digit number so that I could account for it's use for the services rendered upon checkout, you know, for accounting reasons.

I found the egift card on file, and when it was purchased etc etc, but I am only allowed to see the last four numbers. Why does this have to be so difficult? They offer this ecard and then there's no way to redeem it upon purchase. So frustrating! Am I missing something???

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

eGift cards are tied to the recipients name, not necessarily the 16 digit number. 

Best way to look up an eGift card is to use the Customers section of your Point of Sale app. Put in the recipients name and look for the card on file section. The eGift card will be listed here. Tapping on it will give you the balance. 

Hope this helps, @Leequa !

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4

The suggested solution does not render the entire 16 digit eGiftCard number which is needed in order to tender the sale.  

Can someone please instruct us on how to find the 16 digit eGiftCard number?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @RCB1! Welcome to the Community.

You won't be able to view the full 16 digit number on your end but there's a setting our direct CS team can look into to access that so you can get reports with it.

You can contact them here by phone or email!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4