x

Why cant i process debit transaction that aren't through tap in Canada?

Why cant i process debit transaction that aren't through tap in Canada?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

That was the deal that Square was able to get in Canada for Debit which currently limits the debit cards to tap on an Interac flash enabled cards for $100 or less. They are always negotiating in the background and hopefully will be able to get something else to get the rest of the debit cards.  The one bonus you have in Canada is though you have a more limited acceptance of cards you only pay 10¢ for the entire transaction whereas here in the USA we have to pay the standard percentage for the transaction.

Message 2 of 5

Any update on any progress on this for Canada? Is it even been looked at?

Also, I wasn't sure since I haven't used it yet due to the limit, but does the Canadian tap work for credit cards? And if yes, is it also limited to $100.00?

When I got the square tap with $100 limit, I believe it was really the only option for Canada. Is that still the case or are you now able to offer pin code required purchases for over $100.00 in Canada?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Welcome and thanks for checking in here, @bareaxe!

@VanKalkerFarms is correct—we're constantly working to expand our payment options. We'll update this section of our Support Centre as soon as any developments come through: Can I insert an Interac Debit Card?

Keep in touch, and thanks for your patience.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 5

Some people dont have tap, but everyone have chip on there debit card, do that final update pls

Message 5 of 5