x

eGift Card fees

If a client saves an eGift as their card on file is there a fee when it is charged?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @rachaelrenew 

Great question-

Nope! The only fees with Gift Cards and eGift Cards is when they are purchased/refilled, and there are no extra fees after that point when they are redeemed or anything else.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @rachaelrenew 

Great question-

Nope! The only fees with Gift Cards and eGift Cards is when they are purchased/refilled, and there are no extra fees after that point when they are redeemed or anything else.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 2 of 8

Thank you! I'm guessing you can charge the gift card on file if they don't have the physical copy or full gift card number with them?

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

@rachaelrenew 

Yup, if they attached the eGift Card to their phone number/email address, you can charge the gift card on file that way - again, for no extra fees.

The majority of our eGift Card using customers do this, and it's super smooth and easy for the most part!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 4 of 8

Is there a way of allocating the fees t the recipient/purchaser of the egift card - rather than me absorbing them all?

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

Did anyone answer this question. I am wondering about the fees that I have to absorb when a customer buys a gift card online. 

Message 6 of 8

Also Can someone advise - a client bought an E gift card and used it for a session. I simply cleared the balance on the gift card. Is there anything I need to do - I couldnt enter it into the Charge section manually as there is no card number (like a credit card number) as theres no physical card.  Is it sufficient to just clear the balance once used?

Thanks and sorry to hijack your original Question but felt this is relevant too your query. 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @

It looks like Sheamus answered a few of your questions on a different post, but I did find this thread where users are also discussing wanting to use the e-giftcards for Appointments. It doesn't look like it is possible at the moment unless you are trying to redeem it through the Appointments app. 

Please let me know if this is not what you were referring to. Thanks! 

Message 8 of 8