x

COLLECTION!!

COLLECTION TIME!! 

Hey guys this has been a real concern for our business. 

Collection options that are available aren't really suitable! I know yous guys have tried to make it fair and do as much as yous can with 1 day 3 day etc but PLEAAASE!! Can there be a time added which allows us to make the time like “mark as ready to collect” follows an email to the customer! its so frustrating as yous guys would appreciate business sales fluctuate and some times its busier more than others. Its a lot of pressure to constantly meet that deadline and on the flip side sometimes orders are hanging around to be collected. I have to go out my way to contact the customer to let them know its ready.

Really hope this can be added because as much as i really like square i feel as though not a lot is happening with royal mail integration, the sale “cha ching” took a lot longer than expected to be resolved.

This is one button please add it 😭  

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hey @ARMelts, I really appreciate your feedback and thanks for flagging this! Just to make sure I fully understand the issue, are customers not getting an email notification or text to say that their orders are ready to be collected? 

By default, when you mark an order as ready, an automated text or email should have been sent out to customers to notify them. If they are not receiving this, this is something our engineers can definitely look into to make sure the notifications are being sent out. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 9

hey mate 

no no, theres two options “shipping” and “collection” when you enable an item to be collected it only gives you a few options of when it will be ready - straight away, 1 day, 3 day and once that time is up it sends an email to the customer to say its ready but im just wondering it an option instead of “1 day 3 day” hope that makes a bit more sense 

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Is this the prep time for the item by any chance? Actually, would you mind sending me a screenshot of the settings - there are few places to set estimated prep time so I want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing. 

Tra
Message 4 of 9

Yeah mate i think you’ve got it. The prep time because once that prep time hits the days clicked the customer gets an email saying its ready but it would be good to have an option to mark as ready. We use a supplier regularly and with them we collect but they just notify us once its done

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Gotcha! That's interesting - do you have the option to mark the order as ready before making them as complete turn on? From testing and what I understand about the system, while the prep time is a important market that notifies customers when an order might be ready, customer should only get an email notification when the order is manually mark as ready within the backend.

If this isn't the case, it sounds like it could be a technical glitch actually and we can definitely flag this to the appropriate team. 

Tra
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Hi @tranguyen,

There is a 'ready' button. We use this to notify our customers for local delivery. 

As soon as the order is ready for dispatch as local delivery this informs the customer their order is ready and on its way.

Message 7 of 9

Yeah thats fab, i do understand that but there is only options for 1- 3 days etc so once it hits that day they are instantly notified? Even though it might run slightly over the proposed date, 

could i select say 2 weeks (the longest one) then always mark as ready.. do they get told it would be so long away? Does this make any sense 🙈🤣 

My problem is you have to select a time on your product but times vary and my concern is once we have clicked say “3 business days” the customer will be emailed saying its ready or do they not get told that? 

Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Hi @ARMelts 

In my experience the customer will only get notified once you have clicked ready or completed by email and SMS (if you have the text function enabled) In the settings for pickup/delivery is the Workflow - mark orders ready before marking complete enabled?

I have my time frame set to:

Prep Time - Available Immediatley

Delivery Estimate - 2hours - 5 days.

The best thing I did was to play around with the delivery estimate and see what works best. 🙂

Hope this helps you.

Ash

Message 9 of 9