x

Can I bring items into stock via barcode reader/Scanner?

lo Everyone, we are a small community run village grocery store that has moved onto the Square Platform to allow us to take card payments during the Covid19 pandemic. We are think of moving to purchase a square stand to add to our square terminal, however we carry around 400 items and stock is replaced by deliveries throughout the week. I am looking for a way for our shop volunteers to add items into stock by reading the barcode as the items come in. The tablet method would require someone to hunt around in categories to find items, and a csv upload would mean a lot of typing to create the csv from a tick sheet filled in by volunteers. We need to find a good workflow for this before we can consider doing more than just card payments on square. Thank you for any suggestions.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@BriantspuddleSh - Iโ€™ll have to double check this, but you should be able to do this now. 

In the app go to the item list, tap in the search box & scan the barcode - the system will show the item with matching SKU. 

Tap on the item & then on the stock, add your stock in (or reduce if thatโ€™s what you need to do) & save it.

Repeat as needed. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 3

Thank you this look really hopeful. Please let me know if your idea proves to be correct. We are about to splash out on a new Square stand so it would really help

to persuade our committee to go ahead. D

Message 3 of 3