x

Donations in other currencies

Hi! I run a travel blog in Spanish and added the "Donate" button in my website. 

The thing is my readers are mostly in South America so clicking on that button and seeing they need to pay in GBP would discourage most people. 

Is there a way that the button will display the currency of the country where the person doing the donation is?

Just to give an example to make it clearer.

My donor is in Argentina, he clicks the donation button in my website and now he sees GBP, I would like it to display ARS instead.

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hello @vanecane! Sounds like a neat blog.

Unfortunately there's not a way to change the currency type. The currency will match to the location in which you've created your account. 

I can see how it would be helpful to have it display differently, especially in your case. So I'm happy to pass this feedback along to our Product team.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 5

That would be brilliant! thank you very much.

Message 3 of 5

Allowing the website visitor to select their currency for all purchases on the site would be a very good feature to have. It's one of the first things I would change if I visited a site in another currency otherwise you always feel like the prices are offputting.

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @danscape! Displaying and supporting multiple currencies it's quite a popular feature request and we hope to have more options available soon. Once there's an update or more information available, I'll sure to follow-up and update this thread. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 5