x
Beta Member

How to reference variations (or another item), from a different item?

I shall explain my scenario first, there may be an easy way to do this.

I've setup one item, called Mixers, I've then set 3 variations, indian, mediterranean, lemonade.

People may want to buy these on their own, hence my need to do this. Lets say they are all sold at $1. We are tracking cost price and quantity on this item and each variation.

Now I want to add an item Gin.

Within this item I would like to reference the above, so people can choose which mixer they want, or no mixer. I could just duplicate the item variations but the quantity would not be in sync

and it could get messy.

A Gin on its own my be $5 but with the above mixer it may only be $5.50 and not $6.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks

D

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Dirky, thanks for sharing this! 

At the moment, the feature to cross-sell an item as a variation of another item is not available with Square. In this case, the only alternative would be to a) create the mixers again as a variation for the gin item and split the quantity between this variation and the actual items or b) have the gin and mixer as two individual items, but create a discount so that for example, if a customer purchase 1 gin and 1 mixer, you'll deduct ยฃ0.50 off the mixer.

I've created a mock discount for this within my test account using the Buy One Get One rule and it seems to work, so I hope this will help. 

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 16.36.38.png

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 16.34.48.png

Image from iOS.jpeg

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Dirky, thanks for sharing this! 

At the moment, the feature to cross-sell an item as a variation of another item is not available with Square. In this case, the only alternative would be to a) create the mixers again as a variation for the gin item and split the quantity between this variation and the actual items or b) have the gin and mixer as two individual items, but create a discount so that for example, if a customer purchase 1 gin and 1 mixer, you'll deduct ยฃ0.50 off the mixer.

I've created a mock discount for this within my test account using the Buy One Get One rule and it seems to work, so I hope this will help. 

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 16.36.38.png

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 16.34.48.png

Image from iOS.jpeg

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2