x
Super Seller

Limit times certain item variations are sold

Hi,

We’re in Scotland and we’re required to halt all off-sales at 10pm. We have set up our bottled wine with one variation at one price for what’s sold in-house, and another variation for off-sales.

Is there a way to set a time that certain variations (or even whole items depending how some people structure their item library) are blocked from sale? We use Square for Restaurants.

There’s another thread for time limiting items when customers order, but this would instead be for stopping staff being able to sell without perhaps entering a manager’s pin or something 

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @artizansty, thanks for sharing this!

I checked in with our Restaurant team about this and there isn't a way to limit specific item from being sold past a certain time, or put in a pin/passcode so team members won't be able to see without having a manager's permission. But the team have eyes on this feature request now.

I know we were working on a different feature that would mark an item as Sold Out and prevent it from being sold from the Square for Restaurant app. I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but it might be worthwhile to keep an eye on the Beta Community for this. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Thanks @tranguyen. the sold out feature would be handy but not to solve for this problem, glad they have eyes on the feature request - many thanks!

Message 3 of 3