x

My card reader has been sat in a box file for 2 years and is now showing a damaged on the app.

Having read the multiple posts on the US and Canada sites it seems that not using your card reader for an extended period due to Covid shut downs has a detrimental effect on the health of your card reader in that when you try to use them post lockdown they suddenly appear as damaged and are unusable with the app.

A cynical mind may believe that this is designed obsolescence to make you buy a new reader.

Does anyone in the UK have a similar experience? 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @DragonArcher, thanks for your post and welcome to the Seller Community. 

In cases like this, we would always suggest reaching out to our support team directly for assistance. 

I had a look at your account and your Reader has been marked as damaged, meaning something in its mechanism has broken, unfortunately, not the most technical explanation but it's what I have access to. In these cases, our team will facilitate you with a replacement Reader, whether it is within the warranty period or not. 

Apologies for the inconvenience and please let me know if you need any assistance after getting in touch with them. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content