x

Record Card Payment- causes the Square Pos to crash

Every time I select 'Record Card Payment ' the Square Pos App crashes and closes.

I am running the pos app on an Android tablet.

This was working fine to about 1 week ago, when suddenly this started happening.

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @RalCommCafe,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and welcome to the community!

If you haven’t already, could I ask you to check that your Android device software is fully up-to-date, and then run through the troubleshooting steps here.

If you’re still having the same issue after that, could you tell me the make and model of your Android tablet and let me know if any specific error code or message is displayed when the app crashes? 

Message 2 of 5

The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy tab A9, it is new, so current spec.  The android system is up to date, as is the Square app.

I have also tried this with an older Samsung tablet, and a Google pixel 4a.

There are no error messages or codes. The app closes and the transaction is not recorded.

I don't have a square payment device connected. The app is crashing when selecting 'Record card payment' which is used when recording that a payment has been used with another device.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Thanks for providing additional information here @RalCommCafe.

Could you try deleting and re-installing the app ? You'll find more troubleshooting steps for the Point of Sale app on our Support Centre.

If this still doesn't fix the issue, we can escalate this to our engineers. You'll first have to submit a support ledger of the app:

1. Log in to the Square app on the device experiencing issues.

2. Tap ≡ More.

3. Tap Support > Troubleshooting > Upload Support Ledger.

Once this is done, I invite you to reach out to our Support Team by email or phone. 

Message 4 of 5

I have uploaded the Ledger, and also emailed the support team.

However, I have had no response.

Any other suggestions?

Message 5 of 5