x
Beta Member

Square Terminal security question?

Wer recently purchased a square terminal to use with and besides the Square stand with square POS.

One thing I a worried about is somebody swiping/pinching it.

I noticed there is a screw hole underneath, is this designed to use it on some kind of stand?

Thanks

D

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Yup, itโ€™s a standard 1/4โ€ thread as found on camera tripods etc. 

Iโ€™ve not had any worries or issues in the years Iโ€™ve been using the terminal - while we know how easy it is to sign out etc, the general population would probably assume itโ€™s fixed to your account so wouldnโ€™t be any use to anyone else. 

That said, my main one is now fitted to an arm under my counter to have it in the perfect place. 

Iโ€™ve also adapted a SpacePole on another counter that was designed for a Verifone unit (just cut off a small lip), but again that was for placement & ease rather than any security concerns. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Best Answer

Yup, itโ€™s a standard 1/4โ€ thread as found on camera tripods etc. 

Iโ€™ve not had any worries or issues in the years Iโ€™ve been using the terminal - while we know how easy it is to sign out etc, the general population would probably assume itโ€™s fixed to your account so wouldnโ€™t be any use to anyone else. 

That said, my main one is now fitted to an arm under my counter to have it in the perfect place. 

Iโ€™ve also adapted a SpacePole on another counter that was designed for a Verifone unit (just cut off a small lip), but again that was for placement & ease rather than any security concerns. 

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks, I may look for something to secure it with, I realise Square sell one now. We operate in a busy bar/pub environment so this may be different to your setup, people are more likely to knock drinks over on to the bar, so maybe if it was elevated a little it would help.

Thanks

D

Message 3 of 3