x

POS solution for presenting the bill

Hey all,

Currently have Square for the bar with two iPad POS.

The two systems work great for the flow, my complaint would be how inelegant the process of closing the bill is. People like to review the bill before paying and so currently cards are just run and the iPad is thrust in front of them without the opportunity to see what they were charged for, or the bartender can attempt to show the bill but it 1. isn't really in a form that is easily viewable 2. is on a screen where the patron could hit buttons to add items accidentally.

Another qualm is that even after running the card guests can cancel the transaction and then have unmitigated access to wander around the system...

What I'm looking for is a solution  (even if it means adding a device or two to the system) that is more analogous to the traditional presentation of the bill where a patron can review the charges and then agree to run their card. Is this something that currently exists with square?

I am planning to contact square tomorrow when someone can field this question for me but figure it is best to do my due diligence beforehand.

Thanks for any advice you might have

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @TheGreenLady !

I have just the thing for you: Connected Terminal .

Basically, this allows the Square Terminal to be used more like a traditional credit card swiper terminal. You ring in the sale like you usually do on the POS, and when the customer is ready to pay, you "send" the bill to the terminal. They see an itemized order and can only use their credit card--no random button pushing. 🙂

Also, Square now has the ability to have Open Tabs if you're using the online store's self serve ordering QR codes. This may be something you'd like to explore for your bar!

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2