x
Square Community Moderator

Apple Pay and Google Pay are now available on Square Online Checkout and Invoices

Hi Seller Community! I have an exciting update to share: Apple Pay and Google Pay are now available for Square Online Checkout, and Square Invoices 🥳

The introduction of these payment options will help to create a fast and easy checkout experience for online customers on mobile devices. In addition to credit, debit and Square gift cards, your customers will also be able to use Apple or Google Pay when paying via Square Invoices. 

To enable Apple Pay and/or Google Pay for Square Online:

1. From your Square Online Overview page, go to Settings > Checkout or Shared Settings > Checkout.
  2. Be sure Square is connected as your payment processor.
  3. Toggle on Accept Apple Pay and/or Accept Google Pay.

You can also enable Apple Pay and Google Pay on item detail pages, so customers can skip checkout and purchase an item directly. This is useful when customers intend to buy a single item.

To enable Apple Pay and Google Pay on item detail pages:

1. From your Square Online Overview page, go to Settings > Checkout or Shared Settings > Checkout.
  2. Select Edit advanced settings.
  3. Under “Pay buttons,” check the box to Display the Apple Pay and Google Pay buttons on the item details page.
  4. Select Save when finished.

Note: If you don’t see these payment options appear on your live site, republish your site from the Square Online site editor and refresh your live site. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hey @Arie 

I've followed these instructions, and whilst I have google pay showing in checkout, there is no apple pay, nor either option is showing on the items details page. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Matt. 

Message 2 of 5

Heya @matt_t 👋

Sorry to hear trouble has brought you to the seller community. This definitely sounds odd! Can you include a link to your site so we can take a look? 

Message 3 of 5

Thanks @Arie

It's Grace and Taylor Coffee Company

Matt.

Message 4 of 5

Thanks @matt_t!

Visiting your site on Chrome on a laptop, I'm also only able to see Google Pay, however, on my iPhone, or when using Safari, Apple Pay is an option too. I've attached a screenshot:

Can you let us know which browser / device you're using when visiting your site? 

Message 5 of 5