x
Admin
[Beta] Updated Checkout on Square for Retail POS Apps

* Calling US Beta Testers *

This is a beta feature for select sellers only.

A simpler way to create orders and add fulfillment

We are beta testing a refreshed checkout experience on your Square for Retail POS apps that makes it easier to create orders and choose fulfillment methods. 

What’s changing?

1. You will see an option to select between In-store, Shipping and Pickup fulfillment methods when adding items to your customer’s cart. You no longer need to select Create Order to do so. 
  2. Your cart will default to In-store but you can simply toggle to Shipping or Pickup anytime before checking out. Note, your cart can only have one fulfillment method at this time.
  3. If choosing Shipping or Pickup, you no longer need to attach a customer to the cart to complete the order. Pro tip, this makes creating gift orders easier! 

Ryan_M_0-1666054418624.png

If you’re interested in testing the new feature, let us know by replying to this post! Don’t worry, nothing will change immediately, we’ll send a follow up email letting you know when to update your app to see the new checkout experience. You can always opt-out and revert back to the old version by emailing our team.

Taking advantage of this feature will help us identify your business needs and allow our team to gather feedback to improve our products. Learn more about this feature in our Support Article

Thank you,

Square for Retail 

retailorders-beta@squareup.com

54 Comments
Super Seller

Definitely interested. We use orders for our special event tickets. Now when we sell @ register there is no way to really capture customer information unless we write it down somewhere. If we placed it this way as an order for future pickup we'd be able to keep track of it.

Super Seller

I would like to try this but have a question first. Right now Squares TOS limits me to face to face card present transactions due to the age restrictions on the products I sell. If I enabled this to allow customers to order online or via phone for in store pickup is this going to put me in violation of Squares TOS?

Super Seller

@Ryan_M hi! I know this isn’t the right thread to be posting on but I have been searching and I can’t find the product update or release thread for Square Loyalty integrating with Apple wallet! I feel like you might know where to look! Any thoughts??? 
we are getting ready to launch loyalty on Monday and I want to make sure I’m fully prepped with all my info to really sell my customers on the change!! 
Thank you so so so much!!

cheers!

-Rachel

Admin

Hi @Lovewell ,

You have a keen eye! We're a bit behind on posting the info for that update, but it should be released on the product updates page next week. I'll DM you with more info so you have it before Monday.

Super Seller

@Ryan_M i really really appreciate that!! I’ll look out for your DM!

Admin

@Lovewell Just sent! 😁

Super Seller

Interested in testing this

Beta Member

Interested! 

Beta Member

Interested in trying out this feature

Beta Member

I’m interested!

Beta Member

Definitely Interested. I am in need of a more streamlined order fulfillment as we deal with Custom orders like embroidery.

Beta Member

I am interested in Beta testing. Thanks!

Beta Member

Interested in testing this feature!

We’re interested.

Beta Member

Interested!

Square

Hi @Pammey76, thank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Square

Hi @Stacyramos, thank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Square

Hi @five13studiothank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Square

Hi @MHGSthank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Square

hi @BofBArtStudiothank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Square

Hi @ColorShopthank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Square

Hi @Andy212FLthank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Beta Member

I’m interested in testing!!

Beta Member

Will the feature allow for “local delivery” to be a fulfillment option?  We are a florist so a majority of the orders we take are for delivery.  We are currently manually typing delivery into the notes of the item at checkout, but would love to be able to process as a local delivery instead of shipping.

Also, the currently pickup feature doesn’t allow invoice or house account as a payment option.  Is that something that can included with feature?  Or even a pay at pick up option.  Most of our orders are placed in advanced for pickup/delivery on a future date.

Thank you!!

Interested 🙂

Super Seller

This looks like a great feature, and I'm interested in testing it at my business.

Beta Member

Ready to test. 

Super Seller

I upgraded to the proper IOS version, however, my screen doesn't look like your picture and these options don't appear to be available.  I am guessing it is not yet ready for Square For Retail?

Square Community Moderator

Hi @BofBArtStudio

Thanks for expressing interest in this feature! 

Please reach out to our Beta team directly by emailing retailorders-beta@squareup.com - like this the team will be able to let you know if you can still be enrolled in the Beta testing for this. 

Super Seller

Ok.  Already enrolled.  Already received the welcome message.  It just isn't showing up in Square Retail.  I will email that address to find out.

Most of the time when I get into a beta test with you guys I find out that it's not available for square for retail so I'm assuming that this is the case on this as well

Thank you for following these steps already, @BofBArtStudio. I understand how frustrating this must be! This feature is supposed to be for Square for Retail specifically - hopefully you can join the the Beta trial for this one 🤞 

Super Seller

I emailed the address you gave and it came back undeliverable

Super Seller

I am unable to get my POS screens to look like the screenshots at the beginning of this post and the features that were supposed to be testing don't seem to be available.

Beta Member

I'm interested please 

Hey there @BofBArtStudio and @kcsmith2335  This updated interface has now been released to all Sellers using Square for Retail. Would you mind sharing a photo or screenshot of how your Square for Retail application looks on your iPad or Square Register?

Super Seller

IMG_20230221_132739.jpg

IMG_20230221_132504.jpg

Thank you for the Photos @BofBArtStudio lastly, can you confirm the iOS version (iPad Settings > General > About) and the Square for Retail version you have (can be found by visiting Square for Retail on the App Store)?

Super Seller

IOS 16.3.1

Square for retail 6.10.1

Square

Hi @BofBArtStudio, we're so excited to have you test this new experience! The beta is not yet available. You should be receiving an email notifying you when the new experience is available.

Please make sure your iPad is updated to version 6.12. If you still don't see the new experience, try restarting the app. 

Super Seller

Yep I already sent a screenshot showing that my iOS and my Square are at the right version and they said they were escalating it up to the team to see why I am not seeing the new check out

Hey there @BofBArtStudio I just found out from @Ryan_M that this is currently still in beta. My apologies for the confusion. If you're interested in beta testing this feature then please confirm and a member of the Beta Test will be in touch with you. 

Super Seller

I was told I was accepted in the beta group, which is why I was going through all of this troubleshooting.  I received the "welcome" message.

Can I be put in the beta group for testing, please?

Super Seller

I am interested.

Beta Member

Not sure why but... our list of locations wouldn't appear on Safari; so I finally manually typed in the URL and was able to access this. Please sign us up for this beta. Thanks in advance!

Beta Member

Hello!  Is the beta for still launching today?

Admin

Hi @BofBArtStudio, my apologies for the confusion around this as well. I checked with the product team running this beta and were, indeed, added to the group. Great to hear that you received the welcome email. The beta has not officially started yet, which is why you would not see these features available to you at this time. You should either have received the beta start date in the email or through an in-app notification. 😁

Beta Member

Interested! 

Beta Member

I saw in my notifications that this beta was supposed to start on 2/27. Has this beta test been delayed. I haven't seen any notifications since.

-Andy

Beta Member

Interested in going this Beta Group.

Beta Member

I am already having issues with this Beta. We do a lot of special orders for customers that come into the store. The new checkout screen is not letting us create orders for items that are in stock. We end up having to chose an item that is already in stock in a different color or size. Is there something I am missing in this process or a way to fix this?