x
Admin

[Beta] Updated Checkout on Square for Retail POS Apps

* Calling US Beta Testers *

This is a beta feature for select sellers only.

A simpler way to create orders and add fulfillment

We are beta testing a refreshed checkout experience on your Square for Retail POS apps that makes it easier to create orders and choose fulfillment methods. 

What’s changing?

1. You will see an option to select between In-store, Shipping and Pickup fulfillment methods when adding items to your customer’s cart. You no longer need to select Create Order to do so. 
  2. Your cart will default to In-store but you can simply toggle to Shipping or Pickup anytime before checking out. Note, your cart can only have one fulfillment method at this time.
  3. If choosing Shipping or Pickup, you no longer need to attach a customer to the cart to complete the order. Pro tip, this makes creating gift orders easier! 

Ryan_M_0-1666054418624.png

If you’re interested in testing the new feature, let us know by replying to this post! Don’t worry, nothing will change immediately, we’ll send a follow up email letting you know when to update your app to see the new checkout experience. You can always opt-out and revert back to the old version by emailing our team.

Taking advantage of this feature will help us identify your business needs and allow our team to gather feedback to improve our products. Learn more about this feature in our Support Article

Thank you,

Square for Retail 

retailorders-beta@squareup.com

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Super Seller

Definitely interested. We use orders for our special event tickets. Now when we sell @ register there is no way to really capture customer information unless we write it down somewhere. If we placed it this way as an order for future pickup we'd be able to keep track of it.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 2 of 55
Super Seller

I would like to try this but have a question first. Right now Squares TOS limits me to face to face card present transactions due to the age restrictions on the products I sell. If I enabled this to allow customers to order online or via phone for in store pickup is this going to put me in violation of Squares TOS?

Message 3 of 55
Super Seller

@Ryan_M hi! I know this isn’t the right thread to be posting on but I have been searching and I can’t find the product update or release thread for Square Loyalty integrating with Apple wallet! I feel like you might know where to look! Any thoughts??? 
we are getting ready to launch loyalty on Monday and I want to make sure I’m fully prepped with all my info to really sell my customers on the change!! 
Thank you so so so much!!

cheers!

-Rachel

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 4 of 55
Admin

Hi @Lovewell ,

You have a keen eye! We're a bit behind on posting the info for that update, but it should be released on the product updates page next week. I'll DM you with more info so you have it before Monday.

Message 5 of 55
Super Seller

@Ryan_M i really really appreciate that!! I’ll look out for your DM!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 6 of 55
Admin

@Lovewell Just sent! 😁

Message 7 of 55
Super Seller

Interested in testing this

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 8 of 55
Square

hi @BofBArtStudiothank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Angela T
Product Marketing Manager
Message 9 of 55
Super Seller

I am unable to get my POS screens to look like the screenshots at the beginning of this post and the features that were supposed to be testing don't seem to be available.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 10 of 55
Beta Member

Interested! 

Message 11 of 55
Square

Hi @ColorShopthank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Angela T
Message 12 of 55
Beta Member

Interested in trying out this feature

Jason M. Raines
Owner / Founder

Cleveland Creative Works
4200 State Route 306
Rear Building
Kirkland, OH 44094
Phone: (440) 744-5477
www.clevelandcreativeworks.com
A division of Trailer Time Enterprises, LLC
Message 13 of 55
Beta Member

I’m interested!

Message 14 of 55
Beta Member

Definitely Interested. I am in need of a more streamlined order fulfillment as we deal with Custom orders like embroidery.

Message 15 of 55
Square

Hi @Andy212FLthank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Angela T
Message 16 of 55
Beta Member

I am interested in Beta testing. Thanks!

Message 17 of 55
Square

Hi @MHGSthank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Angela T
Message 18 of 55
Beta Member

Interested in testing this feature!

Message 19 of 55
Square

Hi @five13studiothank you for your interest. You should've received an email officially welcoming you to the beta. We're so excited have you test the new checkout experience! Please let us know if you have any questions.

Angela T
Message 20 of 55

We’re interested.

Message 21 of 55