Hi Seller Community!
I’m excited to announce that you can now create discounts for specific customer groups or smart groups in your customer directory. This will speed up the checkout process and will help avoid having to apply discounts manually.
How does it work?
With Square’s Customer Directory, you are able to create Customer Groups based on buyers’ interactions with your business. Within your Item library, you’re also able to create discounts and then associate a discount to a Customer Group or Smart Group from Manage group Discounts page from your Square iOS Point of Sale devices. The discount will automatically apply when a buyer from the group is added to a transaction on any Point of Sale device. Once associated, the discounts will work across all Point of Sale devices.
To create a new discount or apply an existing discount for a Customer Group from the Square iOS Point of Sale App:
- From the main menu of your app, tap Customers > View groups.
- Select a group you wish to apply a discount to.
- From the menu at the top of the page, tap Manage group discounts.
- Either select an existing discount to apply to the group, or press Create discount.
- If you are creating a new discount, provide the discount details > tap Save. In the next window, click the discount you created > tap Save.
- If you are adding an existing discount to a group, select which discounts you wish to apply > tap Save.
Once these steps are complete, you can add another Customer Group to the discount, add another discount rule, or edit the discount. To remove a discount, deselect the discount from the Apply discount to the group page and press Save once complete.
Let us know if you have any questions below!