x
Admin

[Improved] Deliver up to 10 miles using on-demand delivery

Exciting news! We’ve made some updates to on-demand delivery so you can reach even more customers. 

When you sign up for on-demand delivery and use DoorDash as your courier provider you can offer delivery to customers up to 10 miles from your business ($1 per additional mile after 5 miles). 

With on-demand delivery from DoorDash you can enjoy commission-free delivery of 5 miles or less for only $6.99* plus a $1.50 Square dispatch fee per order.

*For sellers located in California delivery for 5 miles or less is $8.99. Delivery up to 10 miles does not apply to businesses located in Manhattan.

Create a free Square Online ordering page and try on-demand delivery to get reliable delivery using professional couriers today: https://weebly.com/app/square-sync/auth/square?onboarding_type=self-serve-ordering

Already have a Square Online ordering page?

Learn how you can use on-demand delivery: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6925-on-demand-delivery-faq

Message 1 of 42
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: [Improved] Deliver up to 10 miles using on-demand delivery

@MAXSDELI @TripleC @grovetealounge @Karemrg @HaleyRay @Pythagoras101 

Updating this thread to say that this delivery radius extension is now available and enabled for all sellers. You can read about how to set up "On-Demand Delivery" in our support article: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6925-on-demand-delivery-faq 

41 REPLIES 41
Super Seller

DE93F59B-3E0A-4461-8E98-7ECE17514307.jpeg

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 22 of 42
Beta Member

Just know that your customers can't tip you.. all tips go to the drivers

Message 23 of 42
Beta Member

Mine works for addresses 10 miles north or east, but not 10 miles south or west of my cafe. 

Message 24 of 42
Beta Member

Mine is still not working right. There is small town 6 miles west that it says unable to deliver to and the radius seems to only extend about 4 miles to the south of us. Everything further says unable to deliver to, even though it's in the 4-8 mile range.

Message 25 of 42
Admin

Hi @TripleC , I talked with our product team and they said that while the radius extension is "up to" 10 miles, that may not always be hit perfectly. Due to local geography, layout, etc the exact radius may differ and isn't always a perfect circle. 

cc: @MAXSDELI 

Message 26 of 42
Super Seller

I’m not certain if we’ve seen any deliveries this far away but just knowing it’s available is fine with us. Thank you @Ryan_M @for the heads up. 

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 27 of 42
Beta Member

That's too bad, because we are very rural and have regulars in the 4-8 mile range that can't get delivered to.

Message 28 of 42
Admin

@MAXSDELI @TripleC @grovetealounge @Karemrg @HaleyRay @Pythagoras101 

Updating this thread to say that this delivery radius extension is now available and enabled for all sellers. You can read about how to set up "On-Demand Delivery" in our support article: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6925-on-demand-delivery-faq 

Message 29 of 42
Beta Member

So Ryan, this was enabled for our shop a few weeks ago and since the delivery radius was increased NONE of my customers have been able to place delivery orders because EVERY time they use the system they get the same two error notices: 

1. "Unable to retrieve courier quote, please double check your address" - yes, we checked and these happens to any address that falls well within the delivery radius.

2. When they try to adjust date and time for scheduling delivery, customers get the following message: "the scheduled time you tried to select is unavailable for your current order". This happens no matter what date/time or product they select for delivery.

So, in sum, it doesn't work at all. I've called, reported and waited in line for way longer than I ever should have. They told me it's a bug in the system they're allegedly working on. Last call was 6 days ago. Still hasn't been fixed. Losing potential delivery customers by the minute.

Do you have any idea as to when will this be fixed?

Message 30 of 42
Admin

Hi @Karemrg, I'm sorry you've been experiencing these issues. I'm going to talk to the product team and see what they say in regards to your message and when this might be fixed. 

Message 31 of 42
Admin

Hi again @Karemrg, members of the product team took a look at your site and were not running into the issues you listed. Would you be able to provide a step by step guide or video on how to get to these errors? I can forward it to the team and they can take a closer look. Feel free to DM me as well! Hopefully we can get this resolved ASAP for you.

Message 32 of 42
Beta Member

Can I get your direct email address?

Message 33 of 42
Beta Member

Ryan Im seeing this same issue where it says "Unable to retrieve courier quote, please double check your address."

What is going on with this?

Message 34 of 42
Beta Member

Did you ever get this resolved? I am seeing the exact same thing

Message 35 of 42

I'm in Los Angeles and my radius is only 5 miles anything over and you get the "we don't deliver there" message...

very disappointing especially in a place as busy as LA. If i delivery directly thru doordash or uber no problems.

Message 36 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hi @robv88,

I'm sorry to hear that trouble has brought you to the Seller Community! 

Our support team would be able to take a closer look into your set-up to troubleshoot this with you - I wish I could take a look into your settings, but am limited as we're on a public forum and I cannot access your dashboard. Please reach out here squ.re/contact while signed into your account when you have a moment. 

Message 37 of 42

I did. Not much help. I was told it was doordash fault ( it wasn't). Then was told that a 5.1 mile drive took 30 minutes and that was why ( it doesn't take 30 minutes). Came here hoping to find some kind of solution. 

Message 38 of 42

That does sound frustrating, @robv88 

I did some research to see if I could get additional information on this. I can confirm that the advanced support team advised there are limitations with the On-Demand Delivery integration, with one being that time does come into factor. The agent did confirm the particular delivery address to be almost 30 minutes. I'm assuming they did this using Google Maps, although, it's possible they may have access to check with DoorDash directly. I wonder if the time of day effects this as well due to traffic? 

I can also see another member of the team confirmed with DoorDash that they do not allow some orders over 2-5 miles depending on the service area. Unfortunately, I was not able to see or find the specific area(s) they are referring to.

As @Arie mentioned, we have limited access to accounts, and cannot ask for delivery address information. Otherwise, I would be happy to double-check the estimated delivery time. Square is always looking to improve the services we offer, so hopefully this is a feature that can be revamped and expanded in the future. 

I hope this information helped clarify a bit more. If I come across any additional information I'll be sure to come back to this thread to update you. 

Message 39 of 42

Yeah the address I gave that they said was 30 minutes was not. It's about 12 15-20 on heavy traffic. As for time of day that never matters, it's always the same. I tried to tell them that numerous times to no avail. I also told them I contacted doordash several times and doordash said I was fine for as far out as 12 miles and that you must be doing something odd with the dynamic routing. It's frustrating because each time I call I have to start from the beginning with everything. Meanwhile the very first time I called you guys said it was obviously I big or problem on your end, but that quickly changed the next time I called as no one even had a record of me contacting you the first time. 

Message 40 of 42

Also let's keep in mind I am in the heart of Los Angeles and I find it hard to believe that I am limited to 5 miles in every direction. It makes my store with you pretty useless. I can't convert 3rs party delivery customers to my site, because my site is way smaller a radius than the 3rd  party delivery. Also keep in mind I have doordash and Uber enabled as delivery in square and both don't go above 5 miles....

And the biggest pain is whenever I call I can't talk to the team in charge of this. I just get to talk to a customer rep who play man in the middle between me and the devs. So any conversation takes double the time. And is infuriating.

Message 41 of 42

I'm very sorry for the frustration, and will provide this feedback to the team on your behalf. If I hear anything different other than what I was able to find yesterday I will make sure to update you as well.

Message 42 of 42