We want to make it easier for your customers to redeem their Loyalty rewards when they are checking out at your business from the POS. This will be on iOS devices only to start. Make sure you update to the latest app version to get access to this feature.
Now, customers that are enrolled in your Square Loyalty program and have rewards available will be able to easily redeem rewards during the checkout flow. When they pay with a card, a new rewards redemption screen will prompt in the Square app giving your customer the option to use their points to redeem available reward(s) to the transaction before it is complete.
Watch a video on how the rewards redemption screen works during checkout.
Below is a step by step on how the rewards redemption screen works:
- In the Point of Sale app on iOS, ring up the sale and tap the blue Charge button
- Have your customer pay by card.
- If the customer has an available reward, let them select which rewards they would like applied to their purchase from the rewards redemption screen by tapping +/ Redeem. The reward will automatically be applied and discounted from the sale.
- If the customer qualifies for multiple rewards, they can keep selecting available rewards and applying them towards the sale.
- Tap Done in the upper right corner of the Rewards Redemption screen and complete the transaction.
Note: The rewards redemption screen will only be shown if your customer pays with a card already connected to their Loyalty account. If the customer is paying with a new card, this screen will not show up and their available rewards can be redeemed by tapping Redeem Rewards from the Item Library.
Should you ever need to turn the screen off, you can do so from Settings > Loyalty > Toggle reward redemption screen off in the app.
Please share any feedback or questions you may have!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, you can register with your Square Login.