We’re excited to announce to you that with Square Online you can now set up custom shipping profiles to create special shipping rates for specific items.
What is a Shipping Profile?
A shipping profile contains settings that control where, how, and for how much money you'll ship your items. Custom shipping profiles allow you to set up different rates and permissible destinations for specific items.
Why it’s helpful
Custom shipping profiles work with your default shipping profile to allow more flexibility in how you ship your items. For example, you might sell items that you can't ship to particular locations due to restrictions. Creating a custom shipping profile for these items lets you exclude any restricted regions. Another example is that you may wish to offer free shipping on some but not all of your items.
How does it work?
To set up a custom shipping profile for specific items:
- From the Square Online Overview page, go to Fulfillment > Shipping and select 'Set Up' under Shipping Profiles.
- Enter a name for the new shipping profile. Your customers won't be able to see this name.
- Under Type, select Custom.
- Choose the items you want to include with this profile.
- Choose which countries you'll ship to in the 'Shipping To' menu. You'll be able to select specific states or provinces later.
- Enter a name for this rate that your customers will see (e.g., Priority Mail).
- Enter an amount to set the price for this rate.
- Choose how to charge this rate. Per order applies the rate to the entire order if any purchased item is part of the custom profile. Per item applies the rate to each purchased item that's assigned to a custom profile.
- Save when you're finished.
You can set up additional custom profiles following the same steps, but note that you can’t add an item to more than one custom profile.