x
Admin

[New] Add “Order Food” buttons to Facebook and Instagram

Hello Seller Community!

Ordering food on Facebook and Instagram is now even easier with Square Online. You can now enable buttons on your Facebook and Instagram profiles which direct followers and fans directly to your Square Online site.

AdamB_1-1657042622203.png

Call-to-action buttons, like the one shown in the screenshot above, are an effective way to quickly catch the eye of customers. To enable the buttons, see the instructions on Add “Order Food” Buttons to Facebook and Instagram with Square Online.

Note: Order Food cannot co-exist with Facebook Shops. You will be disconnected from Facebook Shops if you would like to use the "Order Food" functionality.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

This sounds great. However, the add process wanted me to do so as my Facebook personal account, not our Facebook business account (which I toggle between from my personal account.)

It also mentioned a number of Times Square for Restaurants. We donut use Square for Restaurants. So is our donut shop not going to be able to add this feature to our Facebook & Instagram pages?

"New mysteries. New day. Fresh donuts" - David Lynch
Message 2 of 4

Like RuckusDonuts we are a chocolate shop & bakery so not sure if we are using Square Restaurant as opposed to Online Store

I have the same problem when linking Square and FB only my personal account appears and not the Business Page as there is not direct login to a Buisiness page so not sure if it would be a good idea linking Square to our personal accounts. Can we choose later to link ONLY the FB and Instagram Business page?

We would love to use this feature.

Anyone has set it up yet?

Thank you

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Love this new feature! We are also a coffee shop and we do not use Square for Restaurants, but I was able to set it up yesterday without a problem. It was showing my personal profile as I began the setup, but as I clicked through, it allowed me to select our Business Page as the one that was linked (along with our Instagram). Here are the steps I took:

From our Square Online dashboard, I selected Sales Channels > Facebook Food Ordering > Connect Account -- this took me to a pop-up with a series of questions:

> First it showed my personal Facebook account, and I had to click the button "Continue as Michelle Savage", then

> The next pop-up was called "Connect Square Online for Restaurants to Facebook" and it showed the different permissions that connecting would grant, I clicked "Continue"

> The next pop-up was to Confirm Settings. This pop-up shows the different accounts you can link to. I made sure to select our business Facebook account (not my personal account, which isn't eligible anyways) and our business Instagram account. I made sure it showed our business for the other options (ad and pixels) and then, "Continue."

> The next pop-up said "Square will manage business extension (required)" and I clicked "Next."

And that's it, all set up! I attached a screenshot so you can see what it looks like on Facebook. We have it set up on Instagram too, which is fantastic, because that's how a lot of people find us online. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 7.45.15 AM.png

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 4 of 4