x
Admin

[New] Appointments Booking Filters

Hi Seller Community!

As an Appointments seller, it’s imperative to communicate with your clients before and after every appointment. 

We are introducing three new bookings filters (Last booking dateFirst booking date, and Booked with) into your Customer Directory. Now, you can more quickly and effectively communicate with your clients and understand their booking habits.

USEN directory booking filter.gif

Using booking filters is easy:

• Click on the Filters button from your Customer Directory
  • Filter Customers by selecting parameters for the new Booking Filters (First booking date, Last booking date, Booked with) 
  • View the number of customers that match the criteria
  • Click the Save as group button to name and save the group

You can also keep your clients coming back by sending a targeted marketing campaign created with these filters.

Examples include:

• A reminder to schedule their next appointment 
  • A thank you for services purchased or spend
  • Letting a staff member’s clientele know that they’re out sick
  • Welcoming a new client after they book their first appointment

Limitation Notes: 

• This update will not support recurring appointments
  • The Booked with filter is only available to owners and staff with appointments and scheduling permissions turned on. Learn more about permissions.
  • If you don’t have marketing permissions to send a campaign, you will be unable to send a campaign to a smart group with booking filters
  • You’ll be able to search for appointments that date back to December 2020

Exciting iterations to look forward to in Q1 of 2023:

• Ability to create and send automated marketing campaigns
  • Support adding “Service” as a filter and parameter

Please reach out with any questions.

For more information on Customer Directory and Square Appointments, check out our Support Center article here. You can also learn more about Customer Directory filters and groups here.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Super Seller

Oh wow! This is a powerful tool for getting information quickly and reaching out to clients. We can see many potential use cases where we can utilize this feature. Thanks! 

Message 2 of 31

How can a staff get reminders in an appointment, currently only clients get reminders on a text or email but I need the staff and the owner

get reminders 

Message 3 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Daliayanira - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

You and your staff can receive email and text message appointment notifications. From Staff, click any staff member to edit their notification settings. Click “Owner sent a copy” for each staff member to receive copies of all appointment notifications. For more details, please see this article from our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 31

This is GREAT to know! 

Message 5 of 31
Super Seller

This is REALLY exciting!! Thank you so so much!! 
With the launch of customized marketing in Q1 '23, is there a potential for other text messaging customization? 🤔😬🤞

Seriously though...thank you for this! 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - Jess Poynter Style and Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 6 of 31

Hopefully at some point we can also BLOCK customers from booking. Ex: that like to no show etc.

Message 7 of 31

This would be amazing!! Block no-shows and inappropriate clients without turning off the entire online booking option!    I’m also hoping for an option to only show appointment options immediately before or after already booked appointments so I avoid gaps but I’ve been hoping for that for almost 5 years now. 

Message 8 of 31

I agree , no calls or shows send them a notice about missing the appointment and  they will have a fee or pay for service when booking the next appointment. 

Message 9 of 31
Beta Member

Do you utilize the no-show protection? That way they must provide a cc when booking. This is not helpful when their card is declined though.  

Message 10 of 31

That is definitely a problem. I can't believe there is NO option for a deposit requirement for selected services. People book that don't have the money to begin with on occasion then no show. Or they just remove their card. I don't have time to create an invoice for a deposit for each client that books with all the info then wait for invoice payment to then approve their appointment then edit their appointment to deduct the deposit from the invoice. As a previous software engineer is not too difficult to create an option for non-refundable deposit on our end. We all really need this option. 

Message 11 of 31

I would love this option!

Message 12 of 31
Beta Member

The CC would be required for everyone right? 

Message 13 of 31
Beta Member

Just do a bad job so won't come back 

Message 14 of 31

Can they alphabetize by last name?

Message 15 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @mptc 👋 The Customer Directory automatically sorts your customers by their first name and then their last name. There isn't currently an option to sort your customers by their last names first. This would be considered a feature request. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 31
Beta Member

It would be great to be able to filter by service.  Also, your engineers are thinking too short term with client frequency.  My business sees client 1-2 times per year.  Filters and marketing limits to a short time period

Message 17 of 31
Square

Thanks for your feedback, @Dbaraga ! We definitely want to add a "service" filter in our next version of this feature.

Can you help me understand how we should be revising features like this to think of limiting to a longer time period for businesses like yourselves, that see clients 1-2 times per year?

Emily Truax
Message 18 of 31
Super Seller

This is great! I would love the ability to select a specific date as the first/last booking date. For example, see all clients that had a first/last booking before/after 01/01/2022 (or any date). 

Message 19 of 31
Square

Hey @ASPettus ! I'd love to hear more about this request - what exactly are you looking for when you want to search for your customers that have booked before or after a specific date?

Emily Truax
Message 20 of 31
Beta Member

This is great and I do hope your engineers are working on a timeframe filter to help us narrow down higher spender. This would help many of us 

Message 21 of 31