x
Admin

[New] Appointments Booking Filters

Hi Seller Community!

As an Appointments seller, it’s imperative to communicate with your clients before and after every appointment. 

We are introducing three new bookings filters (Last booking dateFirst booking date, and Booked with) into your Customer Directory. Now, you can more quickly and effectively communicate with your clients and understand their booking habits.

USEN directory booking filter.gif

Using booking filters is easy:

• Click on the Filters button from your Customer Directory
  • Filter Customers by selecting parameters for the new Booking Filters (First booking date, Last booking date, Booked with) 
  • View the number of customers that match the criteria
  • Click the Save as group button to name and save the group

You can also keep your clients coming back by sending a targeted marketing campaign created with these filters.

Examples include:

• A reminder to schedule their next appointment 
  • A thank you for services purchased or spend
  • Letting a staff member’s clientele know that they’re out sick
  • Welcoming a new client after they book their first appointment

Limitation Notes: 

• This update will not support recurring appointments
  • The Booked with filter is only available to owners and staff with appointments and scheduling permissions turned on. Learn more about permissions.
  • If you don’t have marketing permissions to send a campaign, you will be unable to send a campaign to a smart group with booking filters
  • You’ll be able to search for appointments that date back to December 2020

Exciting iterations to look forward to in Q1 of 2023:

• Ability to create and send automated marketing campaigns
  • Support adding “Service” as a filter and parameter

Please reach out with any questions.

For more information on Customer Directory and Square Appointments, check out our Support Center article here. You can also learn more about Customer Directory filters and groups here.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Square

Hey @DelaliSalon, Would you help me understand what you mean by a timeframe filter? What are you looking for in a high spender?

Emily Truax
Message 22 of 31
Beta Member

The option to pull yearly spending data on clients with a filter to see our highest spending clients vs low.

Message 23 of 31
Square

Got it, thanks for the feedback @DelaliSalon -- you can currently filter your high spenders in the following way:

1/ On the Customers main dashboard, click "Filters"

2/ Click "Total Spent" Filter in "Purchase Filter"

3/ Insert the number you consider for a customer to be a high spender (i.e. show me all customers whose total spent is greater than $1,000)

4/ You can see the customers who fall into that category

5/ If you want to see all customers who have spent that much in the last 12 months, select the "Purchase Date" parameter. 

Let me know if this is helpful. I'd also check out the Transactions reporting to see additional details about customer spending (under Card #, choose Customer). 

Emily Truax
Message 24 of 31
Beta Member

Hi! I’m pretty sure you can already access this. They are called the top spenders. It may be under marketing or loyalty. Hope this helps! 

Message 25 of 31
Super Seller

Can't wait to try out the new filters.  When they make it a way to see our top spenders that will be a game changer.  I always love to see new and improved updates to the Appointments because that is where my business spends 90% of it's time lol 🙂

Message 26 of 31
Square

@Stacelyn24 what do you want to do with this data, once you see your top spenders? What do you want to do with your top spenders?

Emily Truax
Message 27 of 31

THANK YOU SQUARE!!!! I'm looking forward to trying the NEW options/functions out.  I'll give you some feed back after I send out my campaign

Shearly yours, 

Stacey P

Message 28 of 31

Love this new feature especially for those who have a very large customer contact list!

Message 29 of 31

What most of us that use Appointments all day have been asking for is the option for required deposits in Appointments. I can't believe there is NO option for a deposit requirement for selected services. The problem is people book that don't have the money to begin with (on occasion for me, a lot for other businesses) then no show. The account has insufficient funds to charge or they just remove their card. I don't have time to create them send an invoice for a deposit for each client that books with all the info needed, then wait for invoice payment notification, to then approve their appointment (and that time spot is unbookable so long as it is pending no one else can request that spot) then edit their appointment to deduct the deposit received from the invoice. As a previous software engineer is not too difficult to create an option for a non-refundable deposit on our end. I'm hoping this will be addressed soon. We all really need this option. It negates the cost/savings per month of Appointments if we have just 1 no-show since no-show protection is the only reason many pick Square Appointments over many other appointment software options. Please consider this in full. Thank you all.

Message 30 of 31
Beta Member

Hi there. I was hoping this would be exaclty what I needed, but as I dig into the filters - they do not produce the results I need. I am looking to build a very basic report which displays:

1. Customers, which had a "Board & Train" Service performed in FY22 & correlating $ Value. Each different date field filter I've tried will not produce this customer's service in the results... Help!

IMG_6507.jpg

Message 31 of 31