x
Admin

[New] Create an Open Order with Virtual Terminal

Hi Sellers! 👋

We’re excited to announce that you can now create Open Orders using Virtual Terminal. 

This new feature enables you to effortlessly create orders in Virtual Terminal, schedule a pickup time, manage and edit your unpaid orders in Dashboard, and process payments upfront or upon pickup. 

Why use Open Orders?

• Get the flexibility to create pickup orders that can be paid at a later date while you fulfill and manage them
  • Offer a quick and easy checkout to your customers by pulling up existing orders upon pickup 
  • Easily manage orders with long lead times by scheduling them in Order Manager 

How to get started:

1. From the Dashboard Order Manager select “Create Order” to begin creating an order in Virtual Terminal with a customer and a pickup time you schedule for the future

USEN.png

2. Or navigate directly to Virtual Terminal from Dashboard and create an order there through the “Take Payment” action

USEN VT Pay.png

3. Select “Create Order” when all line item, customer and pickup details are entered
  4. Find and manage your orders in Order Manager and open them up in Virtual Terminal through the “Edit & Pay” button to edit order details or pickup information prior to taking payment

USEN VT.png

Whether you accept pickup orders by phone, offer service or repair jobs that take an extended amount of time, build custom products, or just need to park a sale temporarily, Open Orders helps you stay organized and provides a seamless checkout experience for your customers. 

Read up more on the feature in this help article to get started today.

Please leave any comments or questions you have about this feature!

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

I think this is going to be a great feature with a lot of potential but I have run into a couple of potential snags. Can anyone advise on these two issues I seem to be having? Maybe it's a bug, or maybe it's an oversight but either way it would be nice to know how it should be behaving. 😄

1) I can't see these orders on our POS. We would require the ability to bring these up on our POS to make payments. Are they supposed to show up there?

2) Making an open order does not seem to be removing the item from inventory. I shouldn't be able to sell products that someone has on hold and it looks like that's what is currently happening. 

Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide around these questions.

Message 2 of 2