x
Square

[New] Customer accounts for Square Online

CustAcct_final-email1-24fps.gif

The Square Online team is excited to announce the new launch of customer accounts for your Square Online site. This feature is automatically available to all sellers in the United States who are on the Square Online performance plan.

Customer accounts enable you to have a direct relationship with your customers, and are the foundation for a more personalized buyer experience to drive repeat purchases. When buyers create an account with your online business, they can:

• Track the status of existing orders.
  • Reference past orders and easily reorder their favorites.
  • View and edit Square Pay information for a faster checkout experience on future orders.

To enable or disable customer accounts for your Square Online site:

1. From your Square Online Overview page, go to Settings > Customer Accounts or Shared Settings > Customer Accounts.
  2. Toggle customer accounts on or off.
Brittany
Ecommerce
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Super Seller

Awesome for reordering food!

Message 2 of 21
Super Seller

Seems awesome! 

Unfortunately we are on the Professional plan.

Message 3 of 21
Beta Member

This is a waste of dev time. Or at least the priorities should be re-thought.

Some very basic features are missing and will benefit users much more.

Of the top of my head:

- Allowing automatic welcome emails to newsletter subscribers.

- Email notifications to merchant on new subscribers.

- Change the "please review" email timing to after pickup rather than after purchase.

- More flexibility in the website editor - image sizes, button sizes, hide elements on mobile.

See this user's @rumi thoughtful list from 2(!!) years ago:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Restaurants/Feature-Requests-Marketing-basics/td-p/225...

Thank you

Message 4 of 21
Super Seller

I love this new feature.....thanks so much

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 5 of 21
Super Seller

Hi @brittanyn 

It's great to hear about this new functionality. However, we've just upgraded to Performance and still don't see Customer Accounts in Settings. Any ideas?

Is this a US-only release, maybe? If it is, it would be good if this was included in the original post and also advise when it will become available in other regions - thank you.

Alex Jessey
Message 6 of 21
Square

@amjessey Thank you for calling that out. I added a note to the first paragraph indicating that this...

Brittany
Ecommerce
Message 7 of 21

Trying to figure this out a way to share this with customers.   Is there a page that I can direct customers to, so that customers can know about this feature and figure out how to use it most effectively?  

Message 8 of 21
Square Community Moderator

You could always link them to this update page, @Phillybaker! They would be able to view this page without needing to create a Seller account, as the Seller Community forum is open to the public.  

Message 9 of 21

@Arie  What is the point of adding a new feature for customers to use if there are no instructions for them?  This page is instruction for the merchant, so not useful for the customers.  Also, some customers are concerned about Square tracking their orders and what Square is doing with that information, ie. selling it.  Is there a policy on what Square does with customer data?  Where can I find that?

Message 10 of 21

Hey, @Phillybaker stepping in for @Arie while she's out of the office.  You can get more detailed information on Customer Accounts here.  In regard to your Customer's privacy, you can point them over to our Privacy and Security and Privacy Policy pages. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 21

OK.  I understand then.  So no instruction page for customers.  And you will sell all the info on my customers and what they liked about my store to my competitors so they can offer the same or similar products in targeted ads.  Got it!  Thank you for the links.  

Message 12 of 21
Beta Member

When would this be available in Canada???

Message 13 of 21
Beta Member

Trying to use this feature.  We enabled it on the website  and published it.   However when a customer is logged in and go through checkout.  When they hit Pay nothing happens.   They had to select checkout as a guest to complete the order.  Did i miss something in setup?  Is this working for anyone else?

Message 14 of 21

@SmBuf I had customer complain of same issue; couldn't get it to go through on phone but customer said it worked when she did it from home computer.  

Message 15 of 21

Hello there @SmBuf & Phillybaker,

I appreciate you guys bringing this to our attention. Let's go ahead and contact our Square Online Team directly, at 1-855-700-6000. They can do some additional troubleshooting, and file a ticket to get this resolved quickly. 

Of course, circle back if we can help in any way. 

Message 16 of 21

Unable to find any information on this in the help guide, and my plan (Canadian) said it came with customer accounts. Could you please advise as to whether or not this feature is available in Canada, and if so, how can I activate it?

Message 17 of 21

Is there a dashboard or search filter in Marketing that allows us to see our customers who have signed up for Customer Accounts?  How do we market to them directly?  I also would like to encourage my Beer Club members to sign up for Customer Accounts so that they can easily pay their recurring invoices, see past invoices, cancel their membership, etc. 

What I've really wanted most is the ability to create a form where someone can sign up for our Beer Club, set up recurring payments, and for the Customer to have a place to login where they can manage their membership.  Is there an easy way for customers to communicate to me through their customer account dashboard? 

I guess I should create one for myself so I can see what my customers would see...

Message 18 of 21
Beta Member

@brittanyn 

Is this also available for UK customers on the performance plan?

Message 19 of 21

Hi, I need this functionality for my Square Online business. Why is this not available in Australia and when will it be?? This is a global platform and I am on the Performance Plan so why do I not have this functionality??? Thanks, Jen

Message 20 of 21

Hi, @shff- Thanks for getting in touch about this feature.

Unfortunately, it's only available for Sellers in the US on the Performance Plan right now, and there aren't any immediate plans to expand beyond in the near future. However, I'll pass your request along to our product team, and hopefully, we'll have an update for you down the line.

Thanks for your understanding and patience. If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 21