x
Square

[New] Digital Loyalty Passes for Apple Wallet

Hi Sellers, 🌟

Introducing digital loyalty passes for Apple Wallet!

Available now to businesses using Square Loyalty on Square Register, Square Stand, and Square Reader for Contactless and Chip.

Give new customers more ways to enroll. When customers use Apple Pay at checkout, they can enroll in your loyalty program right from their phone. They can also add their loyalty pass to Apple Wallet from a digital receipt.

Streamline the customer experience. Once added, passes are automatically selected and used to check in and earn points when using Apple Pay, easing the check in process and improving buyer identification. Customers can also easily view points and rewards on their pass in Apple Wallet at any time.

Passes can be customized to match your brand. To customize your loyalty pass and drive engagement with your brand, add your digital logo and brand colors by visiting the Business information > Locations > select your main location in Square Dashboard (edit the image shown under "Point of Sale Checkout Background"). 

Image_2.png

This feature has been auto-enabled for businesses using Square Loyalty onSquare Register, Square Stand, and Square Reader for Contactless and Chip. To disable, visit Settings > Apple Wallet in your Loyalty Dashboard.

For more information on Square Loyalty and how you can customize your pass for Apple Wallet, check out these support articles:

Image_3.png

Ciara Spillane
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Square
Square Loyalty
Message 1 of 76
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I saw this pop up at my local coffee shop, and I added their loyalty pass to my Apple Wallet. It's fantastic. 

I can check how many stars I have, check-in, and redeem my rewards using Apple Wallet. 

Thanks!

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 76
75 REPLIES 75
Beta Member

OMG PLEASE TELL ME WHEN THIS IS COMING TO THE UK!!!

THIS IS INSANE!!!!

Message 22 of 76
Beta Member

Can anyone from square confirm this is coming to the uk?

Message 23 of 76

When will this come to Android and why is it iOS only for now?

Message 24 of 76
Super Seller

@G2Tactical, just a guess based upon my limited experiences playing around with programming mobile apps. iOS is much easier to make apps for.  Since Apple controls the hardware and software completely, they ensure that all devices, even old ones, can use features like this.  In the Android ecosystem, there are hundreds of devices, and most of them can’t take advantage of the newer operating systems because of hardware limitations.  Creating apps for Android takes more time, since developers have to ensure that it will work on as wide a range of OS as possible, and not just the most recent OS. 

It will come to Android, eventually, I’ll wager.  But it might be a while.  The product development team MIGHT weigh in with a projected date, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.  Like most developers, Square rarely discloses those dates for quite a few reasons, including the fact that something always happens to mess such plans up.

I’m going to flag this thread to the Customer Success Team so that they can see if there is possibly an Android beta test planned.  If so, maybe there is room on the list of beta testers to add you.  No promises, of course, but it can’t hurt to be there if it is available.

Best wishes,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

“Take what you like, take what works, leave the rest!”
Message 25 of 76
Super Seller

@TheRealChipA Now this is the Chef Chip answers and knowledge I have missed reading!!!!! So glad to see you back in the threads! 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 26 of 76
Super Seller

@cspillane Wonderful!  I just saw @Kassi_’s message on the Request board, replying to @Adamscottsmith’s suggestion.  I’m looking forward to adding this when I open for the new ice cream season!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

“Take what you like, take what works, leave the rest!”
Message 27 of 76
Super Seller

@cspillane Is this only on Square Register? Or also on POS? As I see no options for this on my Dashboard nor on my iPhone.

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 28 of 76
Super Seller

I believe so. We use Square Terminal and haven't seen any changes. Apple Wallet Integration is turned on in settings.

Dashboard > Loyalty > Settings

then scroll to the bottom and you should see Apple Wallet

Message 29 of 76
Super Seller

I have it turned on but it is not on my receipts

René

Message 30 of 76
Super Seller

same here.... again I believe it's for Square Register for now. Maybe someone will clarify this.

Message 31 of 76
Square

Hi @perkits! Yes, this is for sellers using Square Register only. 

Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty
Message 32 of 76
Super Seller

will this be coming to those of us using Square Terminal?    Thanks

Message 33 of 76
Super Seller

It’s also working on Square POS for my other business. Can only use the check in feature on Square Register though. 1 thing I noticed is that if you also have Cash app enabled in your receipt settings then the Cash app signup blurb overrides the Apple Wallet blurb on the digital receipt. Once I toggled off the Cash app in receipt settings then the add to Apple Wallet button showed up on the receipt. Also only works with digital receipts 

Message 34 of 76
Super Seller

@cspillane 

Update: I see Apple Wallet on my Dashboard and clicked it on, but I do not see it on my receipts. 

I am on Square POS

René

Message 35 of 76
Square

Hi @GourmetOnWheels! Sellers using the Square Register hardware will have this feature. (POS is software.)

Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty
Message 36 of 76
Super Seller

Will it be available to POS anytime? As in my Dashboard, I can set it to Apple Wallet

René

Message 37 of 76
Super Seller

It’s on the receipts sent from my Botanicals store that runs Square POS on iPad. Doesn’t let them check in since there’s no front facing screen but let’s them add the loyalty card to Apple wallet so they can track rewards 

Message 38 of 76
Square

@GourmetOnWheels POS is the software that runs on all our hardware devices.

The limitation is on the Square hardware, not the Square software — meaning it's available on POS today, but only for sellers using Square Register. That's because Square Register has the buyer facing screen that allows the buyer to check-in using the pass. Does that make sense? 

And good point that @homeprogreen made below. 🙂 While buyers can't check-in using the pass, they can still track their points and rewards if they have an iOS (Apple) device. 

Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty
Message 39 of 76
Super Seller

@cspillane None of my customers have ever paid me with the Square Cash App, nor with Venmo and I do not use Venmo. the bulk of my payment are with cards and the bulk of that is Apple Pay.

What Pass? "That allows the buyer to check-in using the pass"

René

Message 40 of 76
Super Seller

Once you toggle on the Apple wallet button in your dashboard receipt settings then when the customer gets a digital receipt on their IOS device there’s a button for them to add your loyalty pass to their apple wallet. It lets them track their rewards and if you are using Square Register it allows them to check in with their phone. One thing I found is that if you also have the cash app blurb toggled on in receipts then that one overrides the apple wallet one. 

Message 41 of 76
Square

@legourmet The Digital Loyalty Passes for Apple Wallet (see the post that started this thread — there are images in the post that show you what the passes look like for Apple Wallet).

Ciara Spillane
Square Loyalty
Message 42 of 76