x
Square
[New] Digital Loyalty Passes for Apple Wallet

Hi Sellers, 🌟

Introducing digital loyalty passes for Apple Wallet!

Available now to businesses using Square Loyalty on Square Register, Square Stand, and Square Reader for Contactless and Chip.

Give new customers more ways to enroll. When customers use Apple Pay at checkout, they can enroll in your loyalty program right from their phone. They can also add their loyalty pass to Apple Wallet from a digital receipt.

Streamline the customer experience. Once added, passes are automatically selected and used to check in and earn points when using Apple Pay, easing the check in process and improving buyer identification. Customers can also easily view points and rewards on their pass in Apple Wallet at any time.

Passes can be customized to match your brand. To customize your loyalty pass and drive engagement with your brand, add your digital logo and brand colors by visiting the Business information > Locations > select your main location in Square Dashboard (edit the image shown under "Point of Sale Checkout Background"). 

Image_2.png

This feature has been auto-enabled for businesses using Square Loyalty onSquare Register, Square Stand, and Square Reader for Contactless and Chip. To disable, visit Settings > Apple Wallet in your Loyalty Dashboard.

For more information on Square Loyalty and how you can customize your pass for Apple Wallet, check out these support articles:

Image_3.png

75 Comments
Beta Member

Does this work with square appointments all when checking someone out?

Beta Member

I agree! Loyalty fees, marketing fees, texting fees, in top of $69 a month square appointment fees plus per item sent marketing fees, instant transfer fees…it’s OUT OF CONTROL. I have been looking into other services and there is 1 or two I am considering. 

Beta Member

can i use this new feature in the uk on square terminal?

Beta Member

Can anyone from square confirm this is coming to the uk?

Beta Member

Please give us a rough timeline on when this is coming to the UK?

Beta Member

Following

Square

At this time, this feature works for all US-based sellers using Square Register. An update will be rolled out soon to support iOS sellers using Stand.

Square

Hi there! At this time this feature is available to the US-only. We are currently exploring international rollout, but have no information to share at this time. 

cc @thecoffeecup @TGPH 

Beta Member

That’s a very strange approach. 

Super Seller

@cspillane Okay, we have been using loyalty for a few months. And we love it, we also use the integration with apple wallet, but there is a glitch now, at least for us. Because people have the ability to sign in with their apple wallet, the contactless payment feature is always lit up. So people keep trying to tap their phone early to pay and it is glitching out our system. We then have to back out of the payment page and they have to lock their phones and restart completely. 

I love that my customers can see how many stars they have in their apple wallet but the check in feature with the apple wallet is a becoming a pain. I think these should be separate features, OR get rid of the checking in with the apple wallet, because if people are using Apple Pay it is already recognizing their loyalty account without them having the check in at all.

Super Seller

this is awesome

Beta Member

This looks like a terrific product. Does it work with Registers running Square for Restaurants?

How much customization can we do of the Apple Wallet Loyalty Card? 

Can we scan the digital loyalty card with a different device than the register?

For example to check-in customers when they come for their appointment? 

Square

Hi @louisgerbier85,

Thanks for reaching out! We're pretty excited about this feature as well and will continue to expand capabilities. 

Answers to your questions:

• Yes, this feature works with all Square Registers (no matter the software). 
  • You can add your digital logo and brand colors to show in the passes.
  • The pass scans via the NFC reader ("near field communication" that enables contactless payment), so unfortunately it's not applicable to additional devices at this time. The pass presents while your buyer is transacting at your point of sale. 
Beta Member

Please give us a hint when this is coming to the uk 😞

Beta Member

Ok, thanks CSPILLANE!

Is there a way to print a physical copy of the digital loyalty pass?

Add a customer # and a bar/qr code to be used with the new Loyalty QR codes features in Square.

Thanks,

Louis

Beta Member

Hi CSPILLANE,

I have a couple of comments:

1) My customers cannot check-in with their digital loyalty card. 
When it prompts them to "sign up or check in", if they try to tap their digital card it does nothing. 

In order to check in they have to click on check in and enter their phone #. 

=> Would it be possible for our loyalty members to check-in by "taping-in" their digital card?

2) Now, if they try to tap-in the digital loyalty card when the payment screen lights up so they can redeem a reward on their sale, the screen shows "payment error".

=> Can we redeem rewards by tapping in the digital loyalty card?

Correctly if I am wrong but at this point the digital loaylty card only purpose is to see the # of reward points the customer has?

Thank you,

Louis

Can you please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if this is purposefully designed like that?

Thanks,

Louis

Super Seller

My customers are able to check in with the digital loyalty card but only on the front facing screen of the Square Register. It doesn’t work on the Square Stand with IPad. My understanding is that the check in feature requires the front facing screen 

Square

Hi Louis,

In response to your 1st post:

The digital loyalty pass is personalized to the buyer, but heads up we are working on QR code functionality at this time and should have more to announce in the coming few months!

In response to your 2nd post:

1) Are you using Square Register, and have you confirmed that the "Enable Apple Wallet Integration" is toggled on in your settings? If yes to both, then your Loyalty members should be able to check-in using the digital card. Essentially when your buyer sees “Sign up or check in” they should be able to open the pass in their Apple Wallet (assuming they’re on iPhone) and hold that near the contactless pay icon on the buyer facing screen of your Square Register. This will auto-check them in without them needing to type in their phone # (I used one of the passes this way at my local coffee shop just yesterday). From there, if they have available rewards, they will be able to see them.

2) When the payment screen pops up they should be scanning a physical credit card or a credit card in their Apple Wallet (not the digital loyalty pass as it's not a payment method). If the buyer opts to pay with Apple Pay, the digital loyalty card will be automatically selected and scanned as they’re making payment (i.e. buyers paying with Apple Pay don't need to "check in" using their digital loyalty pass unless they want to redeem rewards during the transaction).

Square

Hello! This is correct, however we are expanding support to Square Stand as we speak. 🙂 Look out for the official launch in the coming weeks!

Beta Member

anyone?

Beta Member

Please advise when this is coming to the UK.

Square Community Moderator

Hello there @TGPH

At this time I don't have any updates for this feature to be available in the UK. However, stay tuned as our team works to bring more features to Markets outside the United States. 

Hi

I am reaching you out to get a help. I have setup loyalty program in Squareup and enable Apple Wallet integration.
How can I implement it?

Super Seller

Text them a receipt. When they follow the link to the receipt they should see a "add to wallet" icon. Try it on your personal account, I did and it worked fine. 

With that said I don't think we have very many customers taking advantage of this great feature. It would be nice if we could send a blast text to all customers with instructions and a link to their account. 

Thanks for quick message.

I have own site which has been built on webflow and try to launch reward by clicking "Launch Reward".
After then, it will show me seller's loyalty program, and I will add a button "Add to Wallet" manually. Is it possible?

Other way, in your answer, you said about that I can generate a link which customer can follow.

Can you explain how I can generate the link?