x
Square

[New] Purchase Shipping Labels from Square Dashboard

Hi Sellers! 👋

We’re excited to announce that we’ve added the ability to purchase shipping labels directly within Dashboard for Canada Sellers! We’ve partnered with Shippo to give you the ability to create a free Shippo account and be able to purchase shipping labels directly from eligible carriers within Dashboard. This update is now available to Canada sellers.

This update can also help you:

• Purchase discounted shipping labels versus retail pricing 

• Manage all shipping orders without having to leave Square

• Add shipping insurance and signature confirmation to orders 

• Create customs forms for international shipping 

mkochanowski_0-1699902660345.png

What do I need to do to get started?

• Create a new Shippo account for free or connect to your existing Shippo account in the fulfillment settings

Where can I purchase shipping labels?

• All Shipping orders can be found on the Shipments page within Dashboard. Once you select an order from there, you will see the option to purchase a label.

I already purchase shipping labels through Square Online. Do I need to do anything else?

• You’ll need to go through the process of re-connecting your account in the fulfillment settings. Through that process, you’ll also verify all of your other shipping settings (carriers, fulfillment locations, shipping boxes, etc).

Which shipping carriers are supported?

• We currently have support to purchase Canada Post, UPS, FedEx and DHL labels through our Shippo integration. To ship with UPS, Canada Post and/or FedEx, you’ll need to sign in directly with those services at this time.

Can I use my own negotiated rates from carriers?

• Yes, you can add your own personal carrier accounts from UPS, Canada Post and/or FedEx. This can be added via the carriers settings page 

Which orders am I able to purchase a shipping label for?

• Any orders created in Square Online or orders from the Square for Retail POS or Square Point of Sale that have been flagged as a shipping fulfillment type can have a shipping label purchased. We plan on supporting Square invoices for shipping labels soon.  

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback in the comments section below and check out the Square Support articles for more information.  

Connect Your Shippo Account to Square 

Create and Purchase Shipping Labels in Square Dashboard

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

I want to start using the new shipping dashboard that lets me create shipping labels through Square.

I have a Shippo account that I have enjoyed for years, it is  linked to Square. I use Canada Post and UPS as carrier options. The default carrier is Canada Post in Square as well as in Shippo.

Customers can pick from the Canada Post service option when placing an order online but the only labels that are generated in Square shipping are UPS labels!

Right now I need to manually in put the addresses in Shippo, as Shippo no longer pulls addresses from Square, to generate the correct Canada Post label!

Does anyone else have this issue?

Screen Shot 2023-11-10 at 3.14.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-10 at 3.23.09 PM.png

Message 2 of 2