We're excited to announce the launch of Square Messages integration with Square Online Checkout! You can now send payment links within Square Messages to streamline your conversations with your buyers. When you send a shareable payment link to a customer, your communications are all channeled within Messages so you never miss a sale.
What are some key benefits of sending payment links within Messages?
Easily make a link and share it
Create a link for a good or service, give the link a name and price, and share the link with Square Messages as either a text or an email.
Payment links send customers directly to the checkout page to pay—no time to overthink it and no multi-step process.
Keep all your conversations in Messages
Whether you send a payment link via text or email, the conversation lives within Messages in your Square Dashboard.
How Does it work?
- First, head to the Online Checkout tab in your Square Dashboard.
- If you have not created a Payment Link: Click “Create a checkout link”; upon creating the link in the last step “Ready to share” you can find Messages as a channel option to share
- If you have created a Payment Link, select your link and click “share” where you will find Messages as a channel option to share.
- Now choose the recipient from your customer directory. If the link is going to a new customer, you can enter their contact details here.
- Tap “Send link” and then select Text or Email.
- Your customer will receive a link to pay via text or email.
You can also quickly send payment links inside of Messages:
- Within your Dashboard, locate the bubble to open the Messages.
- Click the “$”, there will be an option to either send an amount directly to the customer or “send out payment link” via existing link or create a new link
- Select the link and your customer will receive a link to pay via text or email.
To learn more about using Square Online Checkout visit our Support Centre.