x
Community Team

[New] Square Subscriptions now Available on the Square Appointments Point of Sale Mobile App

Hi Sellers!

Now you can offer subscriptions directly through the Square Appointments point of sale mobile app!  This is a great way to sign up your customers at check-out to subscriptions that your business offers. Conversely, you can also cancel an existing subscription. Additionally, you can use Subscriptions to easily look up whether a customer has an active subscription with your business.

How it works

When a customer is at your point of sale, you can offer to subscribe them to an existing subscription plan. You will be able to pick the subscription plan through Square Appointments and then add the customer to the plan. After that, your customer will be billed automatically for the subscription through the chosen payment method (Eg. Card on File or Invoice).

How to get started

You can find the Subscriptions option under “More” on the Square Appointments point of sale mobile app. You will also need to create subscription plans through the Square Web Dashboard (you cannot currently create subscription plans through the Square Appointments mobile app). Once plans are created, they will be automatically available on the Square Appointments point of sale mobile app. Find out more on how to create subscription plans through your Square Dashboard.

What does it cost?

Subscriptions is available to anyone using Square Appointments (Free, Plus or Premium) at no additional charge. You will only pay processing fees.

For more information on getting started with Subscriptions, check out our support article.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

This will be very useful for us. There are many weekly and monthly services we provide. Being able to process a subscription through Square Appointments will be help us greatly. Thank you! 

Message 2 of 9
Community Team

So happy to hear that @TCSlaguna ! We would love to hear how it works for you and any other features/improvements you'd like to see there.

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

As soon as I finished reading this article I went right to my app...super excited about using this feature 🙂

Message 4 of 9
Super Seller

Super excited about setting up subscriptions - Im doing the "send invoice for payment option" - using either option, is there a way to add gratuity the subscription plans? Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 9
Community Team

Hi @EcoAutoClean ! I'm not familiar with the invoice aspect (I'm on the Subscriptions team) but could you elaborate in general on how you would like to add gratuity to a subscription or invoice? Are you looking for an option for the recipient to be able to add a gratuity when they pay their invoice? How would you envision that with subscriptions? (which are typically a recurring payment to a card on file) Thank you!

Message 6 of 9
Super Seller

Thank you for the quick reply! 

I am a mobile detailer and often times we invoice clients when providing services. When done this way, there is a box for tip / gratuity.  I ran a subscription test last night with the option to pay with invoice and doing it that way, there isn’t a tip feature. 

Message 7 of 9
Community Team

Hi @EcoAutoClean, I understand. Subscriptions doesn't have that capability. You may want to try Square Online Checkout Links - from that link, click "Create a Link" and choose "Collect a Payment" and under "Advanced Settings" is "Enable Tipping".  This will enable you to generate a payment URL that you can send out to the buyer for the service. 

For more information on checkout links, read here

Hope this is helpful!

Message 8 of 9
Super Seller

Thank you!!  I know I can automate invoices to send when specified, so i may just do it that way, as gratuity is in there.... Just wanted to try the subscription route. Thank you as always!

Message 9 of 9