x
Admin

[New] Tap to Pay on Android

Hi Sellers! 👋

PD04378_USEN_Phone to phone_Android.png

We’re excited to announce that Tap to Pay on Android is now available! With this feature, you can accept contactless cards and digital wallets like Google Pay or Apple Pay with just your Android phone - no additional hardware necessary. 

Using Tap to Pay on Android is easy:

1. Make sure your POS app is updated to the latest version
  2. Add an item or key in an amount.
  3. Ask your customer for a contactless card or digital wallet. 
  4. Have them hold it to the back of your phone and you’re set.

Tap to Pay on Android is available on Square Point of Sale, Invoices POS, Appointments POS on compatible Android phones, and with the Restaurant mobile POS kit. There is no monthly fee to use Tap to Pay on Android, just your usual transaction costs. 

No additional set up is necessary. You can use Tap to Pay on Android right alongside your current Square hardware, it sends the money you make to the same Square account. 

For more help getting started with this new feature see here. Let us know if you have questions.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Admin

Thank you for the additional information @RydeTheLight! Are you still seeing the same Secure Session Denial message? While the Developer Options was not enabled initially, let's go through the step outlined here to enabled and disabled it, just to be completely sure.

Once this is done, please close the Square app then reopen it before enabling the Tap to Pay feature.

If you are still getting an error after following the steps above, please let me know! 

Tra
Message 22 of 26

No luck. Still doesn't work. 😥

Message 23 of 26
Admin

I'm going to drop you a private message to gather some more information that will help me look into this further @RydeTheLight 

Tra
Message 24 of 26

I am also having this problem,  I enabled and disabled Developer Options per the instructions in a previous post.  The notification also says Device Not Supported.  Unable to validate device.  Please try logging in again.

I have also made sure I was logged in.

I am using a Pixel 6 Pro.  It was working about 3 weeks ago.  But now it is not.

Message 25 of 26

Same issue here. I don't want to toggle developer options though. I use that feature more than this. It seems you can write the software to work without toggling Developer options like Google Pay works without toggling Developer Options. Let me know when it's fixed - thank you

Message 26 of 26