x
Admin

[New] Website Customization Features with Square Online: Full Height Banners

Hi Sellers! 👋

At Square Online, we have launched a number of features to help you bring a new level of brand expression to your site to enforce your brand, engage customers, and drive conversions.

We are excited to announce full-height banners, now available to add to your site. Full-height banners dynamically update to take over the full screen in any browser - from mobile to desktop. The banner will also remain the full height of the screen despite resizing the browser window. 

Full height banners can also be applied to multiple slider banners and can feature a static image or video.  

This is a great moment to grab a visitor's attention and reinforce your brand with an eye-popping image, headline, or logo.

banner.png

Add a full-height banner to your site in the Square Online website editor > go to the main banner on the home page > select “same height as browser.” 

Try it in the editor

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

We just added multiple slider banners to our website. It looks fantastic! 

I really like how you can adjust the zoom and the main image subject of the picture to display. Thanks! 

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Hi, I really like this update!

I have a few questions about other editing options in the Banner...

1 - Is there a way to edit the image size separately for the mobile view and web browser view?  Like when you "Drag to Adjust" the placement of the image, is it possible to have it set differently for the mobile view and the browser view? 

2 - Is there or could there be an option to upload completely different pictures that are size-appropriate for the mobile view and web browser view?

3 - Could the font sizes be edited separately as well? 

Asking about all of this, because with the current editing options, when putting text over the image through the online website editor, the text can only be placed in certain areas of the image and is not always visually appealing when on mobile view, and the text and image do not configure proportionately. It's currently one or the other is visually appealing because they have the same editing size configurations. This affects just about everything to do with the Banner. 

If we create our own graphics with branded text etc. outside of Square and then just upload that photo and not put any text over the image from the website editor, this also currently doesn't work because of the size configurations between mobile view and browser view. It would be very helpful to have separate editing options for each view since they're entirely different sizes and layouts - one is a browser horizontal image and the other is a vertical mobile image.  

I think it would be best to have the option to upload separate photos for each and have the ability to adjust the font sizes separately. 

The banner is the first thing customers see on your website, and first impressions certainly impact whether or not a customer will shop with you. The editing options really need to be separate for the Banner image. 

Let me know if you need any clarification. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3