We have really exciting news! We just launched our latest version of the Square Appointments app. This update evolves Square Appointments from a standalone online scheduling + appointment management tool, to a full point-of-sale that’s customized for businesses who run on appointments.
With the Square Appointments app for iPhone/iPad, you have the following new features:
- Seamless check-out for your clients - you can now take payment straight from Square Appointments, without having to app-switch into a separate app
- Appointment statuses - your calendar will be color coded so that you can more easily stay on top of your day by knowing exactly which appointments are upcoming, pending, and paid for
- Integrated data - all your data will be in one place, so that you can now see appointment history and sales history straight from Square Appointments. Easily run sales and appointment reports for your business and your staff
- Manage inventory and sell items - you can now sell items and products along with your services
- Custom permissions and settings for employees - give your staff the proper access to your business
Before this update, our customers had to use Square Appointments with Square POS to manage their business. We know it can be inconvenient having to use multiple tools, which is why we’ve rebuilt Square Appointments so that you can start running your whole business from one app.
In addition to integrated payments, Square Appointments also includes:
- 24/7 online booking: Make it convenient for your clients by letting them book at a time and place that’s convenient for them. In fact, sixty-one percent of consumers expect online appointment booking from a business, or think it sets them apart, according to a recent study by Yodle Insights. Part of the appeal is that customers can book at their convenience, even if it’s after hours.
- Prepayment to reduce no-shows: You can protect your time by requiring a credit card to book online and setting a fee for missed appointments. This will reduce cancellations and make your calendar more efficient.
- Client Reminders: If you want to reduce no-shows (or even just late clients), reminders are another tool you should have. You can set text and email reminders to make sure that clients always remember their appointment.
- Calendar Sync: It’s a pain to jump back and forth between multiple calendars. Our online scheduling software syncs with Google Calendar so you and your clients can see your most up-to-date availability.
We hope you enjoy the updated Square Appointments app - let us know what you think