x
Highlighted
INTGMND

How to Delete References to Shipping when customer is purchasing a service

I have a yoga studio and I am planning to use my square account to sell classes online from my website. I do not ship anything to the customer. Rather, a customer would prepay for a class from my website and then come to the class. I would like to A.) delete "shipping information" collected as part of the payment process; B.) Delete the following language from the notification the customer receives upon payment: "You will receive a notification once your order has shipped." and C.) delete the "shipping information" category from the customer's email receipt or say “Not Applicable” under the Shipping heading. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Re: How to Delete References to Shipping when customer is purchasing a service

@INTGMND

Okay, let's see about tackling this. We reached out to our Weebly support team - and got a bit more information for you. 

A) You'll need to start by setting your product as a service (you may need to recreate them unfortunately) and then you can turn off the option to collect shipping info (or it’s already off by default). Also check your settings under Store>Setup>Checkout>Advanced Settings

B) The test email shows examples of what will show for any type of product ordered, but only the relevant information will apply to the live order.

C) The email confirmation will also be influenced by B.

Let me know if that helps!

Message 2 of 4
INTGMND

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it. I am very confused. Before it was a very simple process to create my items (classes) in my Square dashboard and generate the links and paste them into my existing site. Worked great except for the references to shipping. What you are telling me to do here seems to be to create something new: an "Online Store" and it asks me information about my existing website which I am currently having redone and hosted by a third party (with the idea that we would just copy and paste in the Square links for the classes I sell). Do I have to create a Square online store to disable shipping? How does this affect my existing website being managed by a 3rd party? I don't want a new or additional website and I'm not clear on what will happen to my existing website if I "connect" it to this Square (Weebly???) "Online Store". Sorry for my ignorance. Thank you for the help! 

Message 3 of 4
INTGMND

I think I figured it out in part. I "skipped" the website step and recreated my items as services in the Online Store. The new links now appear in my Square dashboard under "Items". The customer's payment page does not ask for shipping information (yay!), but the customer's confirmation page still says "Confirmed - you will receive a notification once your item has shipped". Can someone tell me how to get rid of that??? 

Thank you! 

Message 4 of 4