x
Admin

As a business owner, what is currently keeping you up at night?

Hey Seller Community 👋 

Today's question is...

As a business owner, what is currently keeping you up at night?

🤔

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

Creating inventory.

Message 85 of 129

The severe lack of employees.  Nothing else.  I have had hundreds upon hundreds of potential employees apply for jobs via facebook only to screen shot the conversations and use it to fulfill unemployment insurance requirements that they've looked for a job.  At least 200 have messaged and agreed to show up for an interview and they never arrive.  Government ruins everything it touches.

Message 86 of 129

#workfow #spreadthelove2021.com

Message 87 of 129

I am a stay at home mom. My first daughter just started kindergarten and my second daughter is turning one TODAY! We have a four month old puppy as well as a cat and an iguana.. We also live with my 86yo grandmother in law. My days are crazy and hectic. I basically only get to work on my business stuff at night, sometimes till 3am. I am tired lol but determined 

Message 88 of 129

Well maybe we can talk sometime on that subject isebellaa....

Message 89 of 129

I just can't stop working!

Message 90 of 129

All the changes Square makes to their platform. Just when I have it figured out they change the way I can print and mark orders

Message 91 of 129
Super Seller

As I was reading through all of the replies to this question, I realized that I really have nothing to worry about except me. I have no employees to worry about. My biggest worry is if one of the associate in my office crank the heat and will I be in early enough so my treatment room is not 100 degrees scorching hot. My powers always on, Internet was just rewired with fiber optic so nothing to worry about at all. The only thing that really keeps me up is, will patients come in sick and pass on to me...

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 92 of 129

what keeps me up at night is ,my salvation being secure in the Lord, the future of this nation and me being able to provide for my children.

I am a salon owner for 11 years, the shut down really put me in the hole & I'm still trying to recover from that, i downsized to cut cost, helped a little but not much.  things are completely upside down. woman are cutting back there spending due to increased prices on daily necessities, so a hair appt is the last thing on there list. honestly its hard to stay focused and motivated to expand business, I feel like " do this for what?" I feel its so unpredictable in my field. I guess I am in a doom gloom emotion right now. i think about getting a "punch the clock job" but its so hard to walk away from the only thing i know, HAIR!

hardly any gasoline in my city, food shelves are empty and my business vendors say prices are going up even more and shipping will be even more delayed.

then my spiritual walk with the Lord is dry, through all this hardship i still find it hard to pray with faith.

may we seek the Lord and find rest in him, acknowledge him in all your ways & he will direct your paths.

Message 93 of 129

Amen sister! The lord will provide 🙏

Message 94 of 129
Beta Member

having to run payroll and not having it automated with commission settings never being accurate

Message 95 of 129

Hmmmm actually nothing. I'm practicing self-care as to not lead to burnout. I am thinking of ways to optimize this holiday season

Message 96 of 129

ANXIETY. About everything. Need more supplies. Need more orders. What can I do to up sales.

Message 97 of 129

So much. How can I increase my sales, how can I market my products better and more.

Message 98 of 129

We are a flower shop. We cant even get vases right now. Fortunately, we have a supply of some but obtaining more is not easy. God help us during the holidays.

Message 99 of 129
Beta Member

PAYROLL COSTS!!!!

Message 100 of 129
Beta Member

and HIRING EMPLOYEES. Nobody wants to work.

Message 101 of 129

@JosiniaSHC 

I pray you're having an AMAZING Day!

I've interviewed several people who were not a good fit too.

You're right , people want to get paid, but they don't want to work!

Your CBD Store-Greensboro, NC

1059 E. Lindsay Street

Greensboro, NC 27405

Message 102 of 129

I pray you're having an AMAZING Day!

It never ceases to amaze me , every time I leave the store, a customer comes!

Your CBD Store-Greensboro, NC

1059 E. Lindsay Street

Greensboro, NC 27405

[Personal information redacted]

Message 103 of 129

TAXES!!! It is difficult to catch up after having a successful year. And taxes are a lot for small businesses

Message 104 of 129

I run a construction company and we provide home maintenance meaning we don’t sell actual products that can be mailed so I want to know if square can add an option for businesses like mine to schedule and sale monthly maintenance contracts to our customers online using square similar to the way retailers use square today. 

Message 105 of 129