x
Admin

As a business owner, what is currently keeping you up at night?

Hey Seller Community 👋 

Today's question is...

As a business owner, what is currently keeping you up at night?

🤔

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

Currently,my lack of orders and site traffic. 

Message 43 of 129

I feel this one too! I put so much time and effort into the website and just feel it isn't reaching the right people. I think SEO has alot to do with it, would be so much better if the website (weebly) and (square) offered a better seo option! Tired of raking out money with no return! ~ Lisa 

www.lisa32.shop

Message 44 of 129

Lisa I think your website is great! I  hate the Square interface with trying to get my website looking good. It's so limited. 

Earthy jewelry for body, mind and spirit
Message 45 of 129
Beta Member

With prices on everything increasing I'm keeping laser focused on my cost and adjusting my sales prices fast to cover these increases. It's always a tightrope and I'm not looking to exploit anyone but I need to make sure our business is maintaining margin and ceding anything on that front.  In addition, I'm eyeing inventory closely. I'm in just the bar business but steady eddie on my ordering is the name of the game. Keeping the ordering consistent and trying to resist the urge to pull back when a particular item might be having a slow week or two. Thankful my items aren't perishable to allow me to do this. 

Message 46 of 129
Super Seller

Shortages and price increases. probably #1 followed closely by labor shortages.

We try to maintain a 15-20 day supply on hand for things like donut sugar, butter, etc.  Yet here we are cutting out lower selling donuts from production and even not making any 1 day because we can't even keep a 2-day stockpile.  All this as we ramp into our busiest time of year and the thousands of preorders I will be taking and don't even know what the situation will be like in 30 or 60 days.  So many supply chains are just completely broken.  

Message 47 of 129
Super Seller

The impact that inflation is having on business. People are starting to cut back on spending. Also trying to juggle cashflow against the longer lead-times required to actually get new products in the door

Message 48 of 129
Admin

Sorry to hear that @homeprogreen 😔 I know you'll prevail. Let us know if there's anything the Super Seller program can do for ya. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 49 of 129
Super Seller

Thank you, it is what it is. The entire industry is adjusting so eventually the supply chain and shipping issues will work themselves out. As for inflation nothing to do but ride it out. Not the first time and probably won’t be the last. Just got to cut overhead wherever possible and ensure that inventory includes less expensive options for consumers 

Message 50 of 129

Hi Isabelle,

I have two answers to your question. Right now my biggest concern is the lack of cash flow due to lack of business, which took a huge downturn this year. Then the second answer builds right onto my first one, that I am out of ideas over what to do to promote. I always feel like there is something I should be doing, but am not sure what.

Message 51 of 129
Super Seller

would be more than happy to take a look at your website and give you promo ideas..

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 52 of 129

The general unrest in my community keeps my customers on edge.  Covid restrictions just compound the issues.  I also get a sense of doom and gloom from media which is depressing the economy locally.

Message 53 of 129

the bank account information i would have a logo for the website 

Message 54 of 129

What keeps me up at night is that fact that I have very few customers and not many sales on my website.  I need to do something to draw the customer in.  

Message 55 of 129

Please contact me at christian@creativitydesigngroup.com.

I own my own web/graphic design firm called Creativity Design Group, and I would love to look at your site and see if I can offer you some suggestions on what you can do to help increase sales.

Message 56 of 129

Opening a new location 🤦🏾‍♂️

Message 57 of 129

Will I have enough inventory for the holiday season? Will I have enough money to pay bills? Will I have enough money to cover payroll? Will I have enough work for my employees to do? How can I improve my business? How can I grow my business? When will I ever get time to work on my website? How can I get more capital to purchase more and do more?

Message 58 of 129

As a mental health professional (licensed professional counselor, LPC), I have to turn away prospective clients due to my caseload being full. There is such a need for more mental health professionals, given the magnitude of need for individuals that are struggling or having a difficult time coping. Even when I refer to other providers, their caseloads are full as well. It’s hard to not be able to support individuals that are reaching out to me for help. I am trying to pivot my business to sell products (wellness tools and worksheets) on my website (Harmony2c.com) to benefit a larger network of individuals. It’s been difficult to market products. I’m up late trying to learn a whole new field of marketing and product development with the goal of promoting mental wellness tools. It’s also hard to get traffic and exposure to the products I currently sell.

Message 59 of 129

Self promotion of my graphic design studio. It's been difficult to find time to work on my own business as well as finding/hiring other contractors to help with design project overflow. Also, how the global supply issues will affect my clients and in turn affect me.

Message 60 of 129
Super Seller

Not having enough time to do everything that needs done. As a one-person business I should be looking forward to the day when i have enough business to hire some help, but after seeing and hearing stories about trouble finding (not just good employees) but any employees, I'd like to figure out how to maximize my own time and try to get everything done myself.

Message 61 of 129
Admin

I'm hoping a lot of what we've heard about with difficulties hiring has to do with the seasons @HC_Charlie. I feel like people don't usually want to work in the summer 🤔 Once fall really sets in, let's hope hiring is easier (with some great candidates)!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 62 of 129

Customers.  Customers keep me awake at night.  Literally lol

Message 63 of 129