x
Admin

Ask the Community Anything: What's your Question of the Week? 🧐

Happy Wednesday 🌻

Coming up with new Question of the Week and reading through the replies every week is a highlight for all of the Seller Community team. 

This week, we want to do something differently and would like to turn the spotlight on you:

Ask the Community Anything: What's your Question of the Week?

Maybe you've always wanted to learn how other sellers find inspiration for their window displays. Or how they might be sourcing items and ingredients. Share all your questions with us here!

One of the Seller Community team will contact you if your question is chosen to be featured as a future Question of the Week

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Square Champion

Do you use physical hand-outs or business cards at your place of business?  What is your goal in handing them out, and do you find them effective?

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 2 of 37

We use business cards and magnets. The hope is to direct people to our website and ebay stores.

Lisa

Back in Time Comics and Toys

backintimecomics.com

Message 3 of 37

I find paper business cards is old school way of letting people know about your business. I use an free online business card called blinq.com people always have there phone them. They can scan the QR code and save your information. They can also put in there information and you get an email once they do it and you can follow up with them. I used at an event in Times Square last weekend and it worked out well. 

Message 4 of 37
Beta Member

Our business cards have our QR code to direct them to our website and menu as well as a $5 off to encourage people to keep and use those cards on a future purchase. It’s proven really effective to getting clients back in!

Message 5 of 37
Beta Member

I just did a fair this weekend, today was the last day.  For today, I created new business cards that had QR codes on them, one going to my square site for my products and one going to my booking website (i use a different platform to book massage sessions and store client info and notes).  

Im hoping that by having the QR codes, I will have more reach and contact from them

Message 6 of 37
Square Champion

Yes, we have business cards and also thank you cards that say thanks for supporting our small business on one side and then on the other side has all of our social media handles and a note to follow our journey online. The goal is to take a single sale and turn that into someone that's not only a follower but a repeat customer and brand ambassador in their own way. If people take a business card usually it's because they want to email or contact us to have a longer, deeper conversation about something related to the business later. If people take one of the thank you cards it's usually because they like the product and are just curious about what else it is that we're doing, how we do what we do, and when we have events/sales/promos. 

Message 7 of 37

I love Linq!  It's a digital business card and they have options to have a card that people tap with their phone or you can just pull a QR code up and have them scan it.  I've found that it's also a talking point and makes me look so much more technically saavy than I am! ha! 

Message 8 of 37

No, everything is virtual.

Message 9 of 37
Beta Member

YES, we place 2-3 cards in the hands of each new client. We ask them to "give them away". This has been a simple call to action for our customer. The exchange  easily doable for them to help promote our business while showing off their fabulous new haircut.

Message 10 of 37
Square Champion

Love this idea. Might have to try this at the farmer's market! 

Message 11 of 37
Beta Member

Yes we pass them out.  We find them usefully for people over the age of about 50.  We also have hard copies of our menu and events.  People want to know right away what we offer.  It's a reminder for them to not forget us.

Message 12 of 37

Hello.  We changed from "cards" to brochures.  I do print them myself so I can change things easier and I have found that many customers like to "see" immediately what you have to offer.  We are a small business and usually have 40-45 different items in our inventory.  If they are interested they will come to my site and ORDER right away....the only decisions are what size !! 

Message 13 of 37
Square Champion

we have business cards, postcards with product information (how to activate crystals, how to burn sage, how to use ritual oils) and we have a huge collection of stickers that are free with purchase with our website on them and fun art.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 14 of 37
Square Champion

How does your business look different now vs when you first started?

Jacqueline Mull
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Owner of Uniquely U Anime

Message 15 of 37
Square Champion

great question!!

Dina

Message 16 of 37

Totally different from when I started my businesses many years ago. This is a digital world now. 

Message 17 of 37
Square Champion

Gosh. While I still have a ways to go, I feel like I'm a lot more organized, more aware of industry trends and my own production limitations. I've also done a lot of networking over the years so I'm more connected to other businesses in my area geographically and in my industry. I'm more confident as well. In the beginning I was taking sales just because I was so excited to have one. Now I have questions and am confident enough to look at which sales are beneficial to me, profitable, and likely to lead to more business down the line versus those just looking for a 'deal'. 

Message 18 of 37
Square Champion

What do you do when sales slow down- what are your best promotions and sales drivers...

how many sales are too many sales.. is there e a schedule you work off of?

Dina

Message 19 of 37
Square Champion

How do you allow/manage feedback loops internally? We use slack and younger users often view feedback as criticism that should be "private" and we as owners view feedback as something the whole team should see and learn from. Mostly related to tasks being done incorrectly or teams not communicating types of issues.

Deklan (Dex) they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 20 of 37
Beta Member

What have you found to be the best way to promote or advertise your business??

Joshua D Ferguson
Message 21 of 37