x
Alumni

Do you consider yourself a workaholic? โ€Œ๐Ÿ’ปโ€Œ โ€Œโ˜•โ€Œ

Hi Sellers!

This week, weโ€™d like to knowโ€ฆ.

Do you consider yourself a workaholic?

Weโ€™re aware that many sellers are approaching the busy workload of the festive season. What are some tips and tricks you practice to improve work life balance

Ani__0-1666812618972.gif

Share with us below! โœจ

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

I love what I do for a living, therefore I don't really work every day ๐Ÿคช. I opened KMS Native Plants right smack in the middle of the pandemic, July 2020. I sell native plants and did NOT expect it to take off as quickly as it did. I do 99% of it on by myself as I still find no one wants to really work and if they do want to work they want $35/hour (hilarious!). During the high season, I work 80 hours a week. During the quieter times, I put in about 60 hours a week. Included in this time, I serve as the Director of Sustainable Horticulture for Rewild Long Island - this is volunteer work. Outside of those hours, I go to school part-time....finally finishing my Bachelor's degree. Workaholic? No. Dynamo? Yes. Would I change anything? Not at all. I also do not have children so it makes a big difference. I am also not married to the man I live with now for 14 years and I am very independent. I don't need to ask someone if I should or shouldn't do something. Another thing I learned to do in my mid-30s was to say 'no' to people without guilty feelings! This is the best thing ever!

Message 22 of 30
Super Seller

Without a doubt. Working 7 days a week pulling 12 to 14 hour days continually for the last 4 months of the year, only taking Christmasday off. January I'm on my knees and I need a holiday, but we don't have long as it's straight into Valentines production. Wish we could do this Valentines before Christmas but we just don't have the capacity....at the moment!

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 23 of 30

Yes

Message 24 of 30

Balancing has been an issue. My grandson said to me yesterday, "Granny I prayed for you to get some rest." You're always downstairs in your workroom.  Learning new things that will help improve production have me wired. I'm not satisfied until I can get it done. I'm not where I want to be, I'm positive in believing that I will get there if I don't quit. Shop opened in 2020 during COVID I've sold some items from the online store but mostly from word of mouth and family that works in one of the school districts. My goal is to have more sales from the online store that I continue pay on a monthly basis. 

Message 25 of 30

Yes, I was a Veterinarian and a Organic Dairy farmer for years. It is just a way of life that I have done for years. I do believe be a workaholic helps a lot in the busy and never ending life of business owner. It would be hard to do working only set hours. 

Message 26 of 30

I consider myself a workaholic for sure! I work 24 hour shifts on an ambulance while also running my small business on my days off or in my down time. My goal is to get my business up and running enough so that in the next few years I can do EMS part time and run my business in a physical location full time. 

Kate Smith
KS Designs Springfield
Message 27 of 30
Super Seller

Yes, we are. ๐Ÿ˜ž we order 4-6 months ahead so we are constantly on messenger or texting our wholesalers.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 28 of 30
Super Seller

Yes! I have always loved to work, even from a very young age - volunteering, multiple part time jobs, etc. So it makes sense now that I am a business owner. It wasn't until I got married that I realized not everyone was as invested in their careers as I was; I thought this was just a human trait. I have to close up around 6 or 7pm every night and make sure I am getting personal stuff done, spending time with family, etc. Would love to see how others with growing families and businesses do it

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 29 of 30

I don't think of myself as a workaholic. I have set my hours to appointments only so over work or over book myself

Message 30 of 30