x
Admin

Do you or your business participate in any local community groups or volunteer programs? ๐Ÿงก

Hi everyone and happy International Women's Day โœจโœจ

We want to take this opportunity to celebrate all the communities we are a part of and would love to know:

Do you or your business participate in any local community groups or volunteer programs? ๐Ÿงก

Looking forward to reading all your replies!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

We stage two big community programs out of our shop. 

The first is that we organize and distribute holiday gifts for seniors and children that wouldn't have otherwise received. We create an anonymous list and local patrons choose which person they'd like to adopt. In a typical year we help between 35-45 people.

in the spring we put together easter baskets for the local outreach as well as the local elementary schools. We typically make around 75 baskets. People from all over the community drop off donations- whether they be complete baskets or "basket ingredients".

It's so incredibly important to give back. 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 2 of 10
Super Seller

No not as a business, but I do some volunteering on my own. But as I write this I really should step up and do more. Thanks for bringing this up. 

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 3 of 10
Super Seller

As a quilt shop we package kits for pillowcases.  Customers pick them up, sew them together and bring them back.  We donate about 150 pillowcases a month to a foundation that puts together duffle bags with necessities, books, toys, etc for kids that go into the foster care system with nothing.  Our family has been involved with the foster care system for about 12 years.  Our amazing customers also donate a large quantity of kids & baby quilts for the kids also.

Message 4 of 10

I personally serve as a volunteer for CASA (casaforkids.org) and plan to host an event at my bar to increase awareness of the organization and its need for volunteers. It is a very important component of the Foster care system and DHS.

Message 5 of 10

For over 20 years we support different local girl scout troops by selling cookies for them out of our store front. All proceeds go to the scouts. We usually sell about 300-400 boxes of cookies for them.

Message 6 of 10

I'm not very computer literate I have a sale to do tomorrow I kick click on square and it's taking me through a whole bunch of trials and tribulations I activated the phone I activated the Bluetooth activated everything I can't get to a home screen so when my customer gives me the card tomorrow I can actually make this sale can any help I'm not greatly computers

Message 7 of 10

Again I'm not computer literate I have a big sale to do tomorrow and I am completely stuck here I open the app it's taking me everywhere except the information to take on credit card information and such is there a possible phone number to talk to you human being I doubt it can somebody help me

Message 8 of 10

We help families in the East Mark communities improve the qualify of life., helping each member to fulfill their roll in the family setting.  

Message 9 of 10

Yes.  The Pasadena-Altadena Chapter of The Links Incorporated is one of 57 Chapters in the US, Bahamas, and UK.  Since our founding in Philadelphia, CA, 1946, we are the oldest volunteer organization, comprised of members of the African diaspora.

Message 10 of 10