x
Admin

Do you play music at your business? ๐ŸŽถ

Hey Seller Community! Happy Wednesday โšก๏ธ

This week we're wondering...

Do you play music at your business? ๐ŸŽถ

If so, what kind? Do you use Apple Music or Spotify? Something else? What device do you play it off of? 

Can't wait to learn from you all ๐Ÿง 

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 100
99 REPLIES 99
Beta Member

We use Soundtrackyourbrand.com in our cafe - basically commercial Spotify off of a Samsung tablet.

Message 2 of 100
Super Seller

Same but we play ours of an ipad

Message 3 of 100
Super Seller

At our current location the music is played throughout the building but we do not control it.  It's upbeat and what I like about it is that it has a great variety that introduces you to new songs and genres.  When we get our next location and I'm thinking that I will create a variety of different playlist from Amazon Music and stream throughout the salon that way ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 100

My business is an at home so it is either hair band, a podcast or whatever Disney movie my son is watching!

Message 5 of 100
Admin

the Moana sound track is great lol 

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 6 of 100

I could listen to that soundtrack all day!

Message 7 of 100
Beta Member

We use Alexa & play music like James Taylor, The Beatles from Amazon or Sirus XM

Message 8 of 100

Yes! All the time. Sometimes podcasts as well 

Message 9 of 100
Beta Member

In our restaurant we use Cloud Cover Music which allows us to mix stations and play whatever music we would like to based on the audience.

Message 10 of 100
Admin

Thats really interesting! Do you find the music has an impact on your customers or staffs moods/behaviours? 

years and years ago I waitressed at a dive bar/restaurant and our manager let us play DJ through our phones lol It worked for our audience but i imagine if we were a higher end establishment or had a more ever-changing customer base it wouldn't work well 

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 11 of 100

My husband used to program the music for Jack Astorโ€™s (here in Canada) and they were very specific about what types of music to play at certain times of day. It can have a great impact on customers without them even knowing. I know when I walk into an establishment and there are bangers playing, Iโ€™m having a good time buying that almond milk! 

Message 12 of 100

Oh wow Iโ€™ll have to try this one 

Message 13 of 100
Beta Member

I always have local radio stations playing on my Alexa at my boutique.

Message 14 of 100
Admin

Do you find it helps with customers moods? Do they appreciate the local support?

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Square Seller Community
Message 15 of 100

Siriusxm for years! Love it.

Message 16 of 100
Super Seller

We do - we have Spotify premium and each shift has their own playlist and then we use the chill house mixes for events/classes/dates.

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 17 of 100

We do inside the gallery only at the moment but I would like to eventually "upgrade" and get a couple of outdoor speakers for the nursery. My whole world seems to be routed through Apple (LOL) so I stream Apple Music through a bluetooth speaker. I have a couple of dedicated stand by stations when I am feeling unoriginal but I do bounce around genres and such. I like things with a beat or kitschy catchy and our customers seem to respond well to it though I couldn't say it drives sales at all. 

Message 18 of 100
Beta Member

We have a playlist of song we curated specifically for our toy store.  We didn't want to use a streaming service and have a bunch of cheesy kids' songs, so we pick our own.  We use Apple music to feed the playlist to the speaker throughout the store.  Just curious, it looks like some of the methods listed here are personal use platforms...is anybody paying licensing fees?

Owner
Giggle Monkey Toys
'We All Gotta Play!"
Message 19 of 100

We have to play what's on the TV music stations and play pop/country because that is agreeable to the staff.

Message 20 of 100
Beta Member

I am a massage therapist with my own practice. I have control of what is played in the session and more. I use Amazon Music Unlimited. I usually find an artist that I like and say their names with station, and it will gather all the similar artist to them and play. I have some that like the spa stuff and others that like different stuff I can find. I also have a projector to help with the lighting so it is not so dark in the room. I pay for the ads to be removed from youtube and will play videos from nature like fishes or waterfalls. I have it playing off of the ceiling so when I have someone on the table that likes to have their eyes open during the session. They have something to watch other than my beautiful face. It can get kind of awkward with someone staring at you while you work out those knots. 

Message 21 of 100