x
Admin

Do you use TikTok to advertise your business?

We made it to Wednesday y'all! 🎉

Today I'm wondering....

Do you use TikTok to advertise your business? 

giphy.gif

Why or why not? Would you suggest other business owners use it? 

Can't wait to read your replies 🤓

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

I have once or twice

Message 2 of 55

Yes I use TikTok..fairly new but would like to engage potential customers more with live demos..Ive seen there businesses take advantage of the live with introduction to new products

Message 3 of 55
Super Seller

Not often, it is the leader in the market and has the potential to blow up any small business but it takes a lot of time and dedication and if you cant get content out constantly then you won't last long.

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 55
Super Seller

@MJD wrote:

Not often, it is the leader in the market and has the potential to blow up any small business but it takes a lot of time and dedication and if you cant get content out constantly then you won't last long.

This ^^^ x1000.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 5 of 55

Using it some here and there but not much.  Unless dedicated to it regularly you don't last long and Tiktok has a bad habit right now of banning videos and pages for absurd reasons while letting others remain.  Very inconsistent.  

Message 6 of 55
Super Seller Alumni

I try, but it takes a lot of time and effort! So far, not doing a whole lot for us.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 7 of 55

You should! 

Any given day you have the chance to go viral and expose your business to millions of people! I started mine 5 months ago for my business and have 19.7 thousand friends 🙂 It took my new business to the next level! have any more questions or need help email me [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 8 of 55

exactly! same here!!! we now have tiktok brunches and a few big tiktokers have come! 

Message 9 of 55

Yes we do! We didnt not want to deal with tik tok at first, but it has been alot better than Facebook and IG. We get people from all over saying they saw us on tiktok. in just 2 months we have over 15k followers. We come from a "reality Show" angle. Showing all the fun things that happen in our restaurant. 

Message 10 of 55

What is your tik tok name?

Message 11 of 55

@sophias_clubhouse

Message 12 of 55
Beta Member

no I don't understand it

Message 13 of 55

I just created a tiktok to do so! Follow us: @FinanciallyLit

Message 14 of 55

just followed you

Message 15 of 55
Beta Member

Yes!!! Just created one about 2weeks ago. Fairly new but I am loving it and I can edit my videos right from the app! So far I love it!!! Follow me @Marlissastouch 

Message 16 of 55

We have 2 businesses that share a Tiktok. Meaning tik content can be for either store. And it's helping our business get noticed by our target age groups (18-40somethings). I'm not going to say that we are superstars, i think the best view count is like 5500 views to this point. but....we have had a customer or 2 that said they saw our tik tok vids and wanted to check out the store. 

@KatsGrocery

Message 17 of 55
Super Seller

I do!! I love the platform

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 18 of 55
Beta Member

No.  It's not our demographic. 

Message 19 of 55

I do! Not only have I made connections and met new business owners, but I have also received orders from people who live across the USA because they found me on TikTok! 😊

Check out my account here! 

Makayla, Mak's Nightmare Creations

Message 20 of 55
Super Seller

hey everyone- 

we create a lot of content on TikTok (@AmityvilleApothecary). we produce a combo of trending content using sounds gaining a lot of attention on FYP- we follow some accounts that specialize in trending content which is a big help. We also teach within our core competency- (crystals) and "give away" as much knowledge as we can. We haven't hard sold on TikTok yet- holding off on monetizing as long as possible. TikTok has also grown our Instagram (which is linked in our bio). We have about 112k followers on TikTok and have a lot of fun with them.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 21 of 55