x
Admin

Have you used Square Photo Studio? Share a picture! ๐Ÿ“ธ

Hi Seller Community! 

About two weeks ago, we launched a new feature, Square's Photo Studio App!

Photo Studio by Square makes it easy to take professional-looking product photos in just a few simple steps! This is a huge milestone for Square Online and hopefully has made an impact on your site already. 

This week... we're hoping you'll share some of the photos you've taken using Square's Photo Studio App!

To share a photo, please click 'reply' to this post and click the camera icon to upload:

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 9.08.45 AM.png

We can't WAIT to see your images! Thanks โœจ

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
Super Seller

Yes! Iโ€™m amazed at how good the pics are and how easy it is. It is a little slow at adding our product list but we have a LOT of skus so maybe that is it. Sometimes if there is a pattern on the product, maybe one for the colors will blur out but if that happens we just throw it in front of a solid colored back drop. I love the new tech though! 

Abby
Owner, Abigail's Gift Boutique and Abigail's Boutique St. Louis, MO
https://www.facebook.com/abigailsgiftboutique
https://www.instagram.com/abigails_stl/
Message 2 of 58
Square

Thanks for the feedback and for using the app! We'll look into the load times - it's likely the size of your product list but we'll see what we can do to speed it up

Message 3 of 58
Beta Member

Yes, I love how good the pictures look with the plain backgrounds. Any tips when taking picture of items that are black? 

Message 4 of 58
Square

Thanks for checking out the app! Typically using a white piece of poster board or a white wall and then making sure lighting is even works well for black items. If you're struggling to get more detail on the black item, positioning your light source so it's behind you can help. There are some great tips here on lighting from our professional photography team.

Message 5 of 58
Beta Member

works pretty well! camera icon does not allow picture upload (says no permissions...)

Message 6 of 58
Super Seller

No, but I will now that it is at the forefront of my mind.  Thank you!!

Message 7 of 58
Beta Member

YES!! This little app has made it so much easier to add images to my Square website! I'm hoping this will also have a positive impact on  online sales.  (Getting an error when I try to add a photo)

Message 8 of 58
Admin

What error are you getting, @mythicrunning? Is it when you try to add an image to your reply here?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 9 of 58
Super Seller

Yes, I have tried it and first impressions are...I really like it! I can see it really helping, especially to quickly upload images to site items. The only issue I found so far is that I can only upload one image per item. I usually add several images to each of my items. I also found that images with "hard edges" work best; I had a bird sculpture with feathers and some of the fringe area around the feathers wasn't clipped properly (but that is a difficult thing to automate).

Message 10 of 58
Square

Thanks for the feedback! Multiple images is definitely something we want to add. You're right that things like fringe or feathers can be tough to automate. We've found gently shining more light from behind the item helps with defining the soft edges. It's also something we're looking to improve - so stay tuned

Message 11 of 58

Company logo

Message 12 of 58

test

Message 13 of 58

Not sure if clicking the camera icon uploads to my Square profile or someplace else.  The GUI is not very intuitive.  

Message 14 of 58
Beta Member

Love to try it but my devices are Android. Any plans for an Android version?

Message 15 of 58
Super Seller Alumni

This product listing was created through the photo studio app! I took the photos on my kitchen floor and immediately added the new item to Square. Super fast, easy and convenient!

https://www.shopfybr.com/product/Canvas-and-Mesh-Market-Tote/2787

Kamala Allison
Chief "Do Good, Feel Good" Officer
In store: 1528 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz, CA
Online: www.ShopFybr.com
Message 16 of 58

looks great! I'll have to try it soon.

Message 17 of 58
Admin

That looks freakin' awesome, @shopfybr! Pardon my use of "freakin" - I'm just excited. ๐Ÿ˜

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 18 of 58
Super Seller

It does a good job removing the background.  One feature I would like to see is the ability to import photos from the camera roll.  

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 19 of 58
Super Seller

That feature was available in the test pilot app. I really liked that feature a lot. 

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 20 of 58
Square

Thanks for the feedback! That feature's definitely on our list

Message 21 of 58